Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Golf course Goats

Old 01-25-2005, 01:31 PM

Default RE: Golf course Goats

I do not watch hunting shows anymore, because they usually have nothing to offer me. I don't care to see a 'catalog' buck dropped because the show will give the ranch $5000 worth of advertising. If you want to pay for that buck and shoot him, awesome, go for it! It doesn't excite me though.
I think it would be refreshing to have a show that would travel around to different states to different deer leases/camps, and follow the average guys around for a weekend and see how they hunt. That would be interesting to me. Please leave out the outdoor 'personalities' though. They make me nauseous.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't call that hunting either. I would like to invite Mr. Warren to try hunting near me. I started 200 yards away, walking along the edge of an open hay field. No cover at all, and walked to within 60 yards during the bow season. I wasn't paying close enough attention, and got busted by a deer laying in the tall grass at the edge of the hay field. The difference here:

1. The deer I was huntin' aren't used to people.
2. I didn't harvest an animal.

But to this day, that was the best hunt I've ever had.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasHunter1

I think it would be refreshing to have a show that would travel around to different states to different deer leases/camps, and follow the average guys around for a weekend and see how they hunt. That would be interesting to me.
Would you like watch 30 minutes of me sitting in a tree not shooting anything? If you would, maybe we have a new reality show on our hands. 30 minutes spliced together of the Seahunter sitting in a tree taking pictures and watching woodpeckers.

Now I don't agree with shooting tame or caged animals but if you don't get anything for weeks it would not make much of a show either.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:48 PM

Would you like watch 30 minutes of me sitting in a tree not shooting anything?
Obviously, SeaHunter, that would be boring[:-]
A montage of hunters, plural, showing their areas and techniques. Of course, like all shows it would use only the highlights of the hunts. It would be idiotic not to.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:50 PM

Managing animals on properties like this is not unreasonable...calling it hunting, well that's not hunting.

I saw a PBS show about poachers a few years back. A world famous poacher (why they called him famous?) use to drive through yellowstone and open his car/truck window entice the animal with food, then close the window on the animal. the animal would be held in place and he then would get out and kill it. Not much different than driving a golf cart over to a deer and shooting it.

That's not hunting.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:53 PM

I hate to admit I watch the show also but I think it was all about advertising to get people to come and pay the town a few bucks to help answer their problem so they don't have to hire professionals to do it for them.

Winning situation for the town to make money from their problems and not have to pay any out.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:04 PM

that's not hunting in my book