HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   WHAT TYPE OF CALL (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/87732-what-type-call.html)

crzy_hunter89 01-24-2005 08:16 AM

WHAT TYPE OF CALL

I wanted to know your opinion on what type of grunt or bleat call has been most effective for you and how did you use it .Thanks alot for the help

FlDeerman 01-24-2005 06:19 PM

RE: WHAT TYPE OF CALL

True Talker with video,it will teach you how to use it.You can make just about any sound a deer makes.

huntnbuddy 01-24-2005 06:24 PM

the org. can / when the two bucks I killed this year would not come to my grunt call [ they ans. it but that's all ] one call with the can and they came wright to me with in 20 yards.

Chuck7 01-25-2005 02:04 PM

Excellent question
Shot a spike this year using Primo's can.
Step one waited till I could read around 7:20 AM
Steptwo Read 3 chapters from the New Testament
Step three used the Primos can once. medium sized can
Step Four I was planning on reading 3 more chapters and using the call again.
I got to chapter 5 of John when I heard a buck coming straight for me.
One shot killed the boy instantly.
God Bless you ,
Chuck

mrwake 01-25-2005 05:44 PM

Nice to hear someone talk about god, never had any luck with calls. Some say they work, but I dont bother. Be careful and not overcall. You can scare deer. Thats a good idea read the bible. I normally read my school books but ran out of them.

Chuck7 01-25-2005 06:41 PM

Thank you,
The place I hunt is like getting a cottontail out of a sqare mile of nine foot high blackberry bushes. Many hunters strike out daily. LOTS of signs but the deer go deep inside of the cottonmouth infested cypress domes. After striking out so many times I began to get to the Wildlife Management gate early and ask questions from the few who seem to never strike out. They all used calls religiously. Like you said though, there is a chance on scaring them but if you read the comments on this site many have scored. I plan on giving rattling a good shot next year. I got a lot of great advice from the other hunters on this site. Confidence is number one though. Live in such a way that you and the Lord are best friends. He will guide you in all your ways even deer hunting. "He's a friend that sticks closer than a brother."
God Bless You,
Chuck

Sniper151 01-26-2005 12:01 AM

Crzy, I like the Knight & Hale Translator. You can adjust this call from bleat to mature buck with the twist of a set screw and adjusting the length of the call. No "O" rings to loose or wear out and you have one call for all season and situation.:D