HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Tax refund time!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/86956-tax-refund-time.html)

metro 01-18-2005 05:38 PM

Tax refund time!!

Taxes are'nt due till April 15th but by law employers have to mail W-2's by the 31st of this month. I got mine yesterday and promptly filed my taxes knowing I was gonna get a decent refund. To my pleasant surprise it turned out to be over 1900.00 dollars, a thousand bucks more than I expected! Obviously I have visions of a new deer rifle but the grown up in me has more respoinsible ideas. The big question is what are ya'll planning on doing with your refund, anyone gonna put down a deposit for a trophy buck next season?

timbercruiser 01-19-2005 07:13 AM

RE: Tax refund time!!

No refund for me. Got to send about $4500 for last quarter.[:'(]

nubo 01-19-2005 07:28 AM

Metro!

It sure is nice when you get a return of that nature ,I'd be hunting for a new bow for me though,but if a rifle is what you prefer then go for it.

Timbercruiser!

I bet that hurt's, maybe you'll have to give them your new rifle. LOL

nubo

cardeer 01-19-2005 07:39 AM

I dont pay ,dont get.

o2bebowhunting 01-19-2005 07:42 AM

no refund for me either--i have to pay about 4k per quarter.

Phil J. 01-19-2005 08:11 AM

Any refund we get goes directly into the kids college fund, split down the middle, we usually get a couple $k back each year.

livbucks 01-19-2005 08:16 AM

Good for you Metro!

Sounds like the tax cuts aren't just for the wealthy like the French looking "what's his name" kept spewing.
I know I'll be getting a good chunk too.......Thanks Dubbya!

treehunter 01-19-2005 08:22 AM

not trying to get too deep into anybody's business but what do you guy's do that you have to pay $4000-$4500 a quarter? I guess if you make the big bucks tax refund time sucks. I hope to get a good chunck this year due to buying my first house and having my first kid. Metro hit the nail on the head....I have so many wants of things to get but I guess i am going to have to be responsible about it and take care of a few things first and probably put the rest of it into savings. I hate being responsible.

jeg3455 01-19-2005 08:34 AM

My 1500 is going to the lease. The last three years I have received about 1500 dollars. The same price as my lease. Coincidence, I think not. I love the way it works out because money I wasn't counting on goes toward my hunting that feels like it is free. That may only make sense in my head.

livbucks 01-19-2005 09:14 AM

Jeg...
Sounds like you've been married at some point. If not, you'll be in good shape with that way of justifying things;)