Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tax refund time!!

Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM

Default RE: Tax refund time!!

ORIGINAL: treehunter

not trying to get too deep into anybody's business but what do you guy's do that you have to pay $4000-$4500 a quarter? I guess if you make the big bucks tax refund time sucks. I hope to get a good chunck this year due to buying my first house and having my first kid. Metro hit the nail on the head....I have so many wants of things to get but I guess i am going to have to be responsible about it and take care of a few things first and probably put the rest of it into savings. I hate being responsible.
Well I cant speak for timbercruiser or o2bebowhunting but in my case I own my own business. I have to pay quarterly payroll taxes on myself, and estimated income taxes every quarter. I'm not at the $4500 level, but I am over $2500 a quarter. Even after that, I had to pay another $2K last April. I guess last year I was at the $4500 for the quarter April is in. I suspect I will have to do the same this year. And before you ask, I am a long way from being "rich". [:@]
Old 01-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

unfortunately this year it will be going towards paying off the negative equity I have in my car right now. That way I can buy a truck soon...........
Old 01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do timber consultant work, but am doing a lot of work lately with some land developers. If all works right, this year will be very good. Those quarterly tax payments come too often.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I plan on starting a custom automotive paint shop in the next couple of years, so i guess that is what i have to look forward to. I'm sure the profits make it worth it.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:31 PM

I am planning on getting a new bow
Old 02-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Listen up, yall want a good gun get on the phone right now and order a remington 300 mag from the custom shop. Be sure and order it right now because they take a while to come in, but just take advice from someone who has seen some guns and thinks thats the most accurate and best shooting gun on the market. The stock is also very very nice, take a look at em, you wont regret I promise!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I do timber consultant work, but am doing a lot of work lately with some land developers. If all works right, this year will be very good. Those quarterly tax payments come too often.
I'm guessing 4 times a year too often.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Already spent mine on a new Bowtech Diamond and accessories. Just hope to have some left over for the treestand!!! Only have to get the refund now. Guess I did things a little backwards. Ooops.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

GOING TO PAY OFF MY TRUCK, IT WILL BE NICE HAVING THAT EXTRA $280 EVERY MONTH TO SPEND ON OTHER BILLS. CANT COMPLAIN THOUGH, JUST GOT A NEW OMEGA A FEW WEEKS AGO.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I AM ALSO self employed. im a cpa/tax accountant. not only is it 4k per quarter(2004) but i will prob owe another 3-5 k on april 15 and have a 5-6 k per quarter for 2005. self employment tax kills you. luckily i have 25k in mortgage interest and 6k in real estate taxes to write off.

no new bow for me this year[:@][:'(]

Quick Reply: Tax refund time!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.