Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stands

Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Stands

i bought one of those cheaper ones from wal-mart ( regular $119, sale for $59 before christmas). It works great. I'll admit it is not a summit viper but it does a good job

where in alabama are you from alabama_creek_water?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:15 PM

If you are going to use a climbing stand, I would recommend the Summit Viper X4. Very comfortable, quiet and easy to set up. I bought one this past season, and love it.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:57 PM

If you are going to be carrying it to your hunting spot, then you want to stay as light and compact as possible. I prefer a Summit Bullet Backpacker and my old stand by the original Ole Man. Both are very comfortable and easy and quiet to assemble. Lone Wolf is a good stand, but not worth the money for a new one. Summit is a better stand in my opinion.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I were you I'd check all the post's on the Technical and bowhunting and gear review forum's about the Summit ViperX4 or the CobraX4 stand's .From what I've read they seem to be the choice for most hunter's and I haven't read any negative remark's on them .I bought the Summit VipoerX4 last week at BassPro in Vaughn and paid 344.00CDN for it .I have had other climber's in the past and not one of them has been biult as solid as this stand and the comfort and room in this stand will make hunting from a treestand soooo much nicer.I haven't used it yet but can't wait to try this baby out. This stand wiegh's 20lbs and will carry a guy up to 300lbs ,you can climb a tree from 8" to 20" and the measure's 20"x36"

Check them out for yourself.

www.summitstands.com

nubo
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I bought a Bullet Backpacker by Summit. It weighs 24 lbs so you need some above average back to carry it a ways. I have a bobcat type stand also. It takes alot longer to get the Summit up the tree but in case you ever bow hunt this is an awesome stand. It makes no sounds and I have fell asleep ii it sa few times. In the fall I weighed 300 pounds I've lost some of that but even then I felt very safe. Extremely comfortable. You can shoot 360 degrees from this stand. You can't do that with a bobcat.
Chuck
Old 01-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Thanks for all of the help ya'll. All this information should be very beneficial in helping me make my decision. In response to one of ya'lls inquiry, I am from Coosa County but I am currently living in Lee County or Auburn, Alabama. Once again thanks for all the help.