Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 butt kicked by a deer? or other big game? >

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Old 01-10-2005, 02:37 PM

Default butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

has anyone ever had there but kicked by a deer or any other big game?
one of my freinds in highschool got his butt kicked by a deer. he was out hunting on his grandfathers land and he shot a 9piont buck at about 100yds with a 303 british. it droped in its tracks so he set his rifle down and ran over there and as he reached for the deer it kicked him in the head and in the chest knocking him out for a few seconds. when he woke up one of his eyes was sweeling shut and he had one broken rib. the deer was five feet from him and dead. i seen him the next day at school and man did he look bad! you could still see the hoove on his chest. lol that was one of the funniest things i have ever heard or seen. anyone else have a funny story to tell?[8D]
Old 01-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

i saw a guy get beat up pretty bad by a big buck on tv (Animal Attacks or something like that). His wife got it on video tape.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:50 PM

I help out with deer captures once in a while, and I use to go on several each year back when I was in college. We would go out on various private ranches and catch X amount of bucks and sometimes does in a 1-3 day span. We use a helicopter that chases the deer out of the brush and then the "gunner" shots a net over the deer as its running. We then have several trucks of people who are either on the "processing crew" or the "chase crew". I was on both crews several times, and I got my share of kicks and close calls with antlers. I remember one year, a student was holding down a buck when he threw his head back and his G2 went straight through the kids hand. Luckly it missed all the muscules and blood vessels. Its fun to be apart of, but you always have to be on your guard.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was nearly attacked by a black bear sow while spring turkey hunting last year. She and her cubs walked into my setup, and I got penned in between mama and the little ones. The one cub came in to about 2 feet from my right leg and finally picked me out.

Man oh man. That cub tried to run and got balled up in some brush and started bawling Mama was none too thrilled with me. I ran away, and she stopped charging once she was between me and the cubs. It all happened so fast, I don't even remember standing up and running.

I ran about 10-15 yards and she closed in to about 10 feet behind me, when I turned to fire. She stopped, which was a good decision for both of our sakes. She was about one step from taking three hevi-shots at point blank.

I'm just glad nobody else was with me, because some of my hunting buddies are slow and out of shape - which may have led to a different result.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

A big bad Rooster spurred the crap out of me. Still have scars on my legs 50 years later
Old 01-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I'm just glad nobody else was with me, because some of my hunting buddies are slow and out of shape - which may have led to a different result.

LOL, thanks!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

while bowhunting a couple of years ago, on the last day of the dec. season, i made a bad shot on a doe. i could see lots of blood in the snow, but she wouldn't quit. i tracked her from six at night until eleven, then went back after her at five in the morning. when i caught up to het at seven, i could tell she had had enough. her tracks had said she was running on only three legs, that was why she didn't give in, the shot had been just a whisker low. when i approached her, she stood up and stood her ground, she was p.o. , tired, and had had enough, i suppose. and so i took out my six inch fixed blade, kept the doe in front, had at her spine with it. i missed, she wasn't impressed. tried again, both tries hit, but not what i wanted them to. now, she is really mad at me. the third try, as i stepped back i slipped on the cuffs of my wool pants, and that was all it took, she was all over me. thank god i didn't drop on my back, bum leg or not that deer was making all sorts of noises i didn't think a deer could make! it ended soon after that, she and i had a meeting of the minds, and what was on her mind didn't matter to me.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 AM

Just a Lil Cut From Turkey Spurs
Old 01-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Knew a guy way back when in Jersey who got bored with the shotgun and bow thing and decided to drop out of a low stand that he put directly over a trail with a knife to kill a deer. He did drop on a good sized doe. He, the dummy, wound up with a 100 or so stitches from flying hooves before she gave up!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

I once shot a small 4 point buck (3 on one side and a thick rounded spike on the other) and it dropped in it's tracks. I walked up to the deer and it was still breathing but out cold. I got ready to clean the deer hoping it would die in the mean time. Leaned my gun into a V on a deadfallen tree, took off my jacket, rolled up my sleeves, ect ect.. The deer was still alive so I decided to stick him in the throat with my knife and let him bleed out quickly. I put on my gloves took out my knife and leaned over the buck and stuck him in the throat. Just as I pushed the knife in the buck stood up between my legs and rammed me in the stomach! I'm lucky I didn't stab myself! I caught the 3 point antler with my hand and it got caught on my glove! The deer pushed me back about 5 or 6 feet knocking the wind out of me! It did some crazy bunny hops back and forth making some scary sounds then stopped about 5 feet from me and just stood there staring at me! Steam blowing out it's nostrals and blood gushing out of it's neck stamping it's hooves into the ground snorting like a pig. Here I am 3 feet from my gun holding my knife by the blade missing one glove thinking how bad this is going to be when they find me and my buck both dead at the edge of this field! Well since I took such a beating in round 2 I decided this would be a good time to go for the gun! As I reached for the gun the deer turned and tried to run across the field and I finished him off! I stood there in disbelief talking to myself out loud for about 10 minutes. If anyone had seen me standing there in the cold with no jacket, one glove, staring into a field rambling over and over how messed up that was, the would have locked me up in the looney bin! LOL! From now on a second shot will be used to finish off the deer! There will be no more steel cage matches for me! LOL!

Quick Reply: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.