Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 butt kicked by a deer? or other big game? >

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

ORIGINAL: treehunter

why does anybody try to cut their throat anyways? why not just put another round in it and call it good? I don't think i would ever walk up to a downed deer and knowing it is still alive try to get close to it. Not very smart in my opinion. Maybe there is other reasons for it it i don't know.
I don't know about anyone else but I just had a temperary laps of reason! I poked the deer in the butt with my gun and it didn't move at all! Take it from me never and I mean NEVER try to finish off a deer or any wild animal off with a knife! That buck was pissed and looking to kick some butt! If I didn't get my hand on that antler he might have pierced my stomach and gave me some real problems! Plus I had no control over the knife at that point and could have easily gotten stuck with it as well! It was a dumb move that I wont repeat! Hunt safe all!... Jim
Old 01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Striper Phil

Knew a guy way back when in Jersey who got bored with the shotgun and bow thing and decided to drop out of a low stand that he put directly over a trail with a knife to kill a deer. He did drop on a good sized doe. He, the dummy, wound up with a 100 or so stitches from flying hooves before she gave up!!!
Lol! Oh man, that's funny, but I'm also glad he's ok. Tell me he never tried that again.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

A few years ago, while participating in a deer drive of a pine plantation (thick), I was ran into by a deer running back through the drive. Well I tell you what, I am 6'3" and 230 lbs and this deer knocked me about 6 feet through the air. It took me a few minutes to locate my rifle LOL. The rest of my group, needless to say after they found out I was OK laughed for a long time.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

My first buck, killed when I was 18, kicked me in the balls when I walked up to grab him and drag him into position to field dress. I was on the ground for a while.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: basserman

A few years ago, while participating in a deer drive of a pine plantation (thick), I was ran into by a deer running back through the drive. Well I tell you what, I am 6'3" and 230 lbs and this deer knocked me about 6 feet through the air. It took me a few minutes to locate my rifle LOL. The rest of my group, needless to say after they found out I was OK laughed for a long time.
The same thing happened to a friend of mine! The doe was running through the briars with her head turned backwards! I guess to keep her eyes and face from getting ripped up in the briars! When I noticed he was down I ask what happened and his reply was "I think I just met Lawrence Taylor" Knocked the wind out of him and he was pretty sore that night but he was laughing the whole time! A second doe ran past me the same way just seconds before my buddy got clocked! She missed me by about 6 feet!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:30 PM

dirt2 i have one word to say to you... ...ouch.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 AM

this is funny stuff! any one else want to share a funny hunting story?