Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 butt kicked by a deer? or other big game? >

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Old 01-11-2005, 07:35 AM

Default RE: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

My uncle was archery hunting when an 8 point walked directly underneath him. He thought he could kill him with his knife so he jumped. He hit the deer in the heart but the deer hit him everywhere else. The deer took care of him and took off. My uncle was in the hospital for a few weeks and never found his knife or the deer again.

Tim
Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw something similiar this year. As I was leaving my hunting area, a man had just shot about 100 yards away. He shot a deer just down the trail from where I was walking. I stopped to see what he shot, since it was on the trail, and saw an injured doe. The doe was down but obviously still alive. I asked him if he was going to finish off the animal and he said he was going to cut it's throat. When he reached down to cut it, the deer kicked the hell out of him and tried to get up to charge. The deer was wounded in the shoulder and fell right down. I ended up shooting it for him (he was too cheap to use another round on the animal).
Old 01-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

never try to cut a nylon zip tie off an adult ostrich's neck. NEVER. trust me
Old 01-11-2005, 08:37 AM

Trying to finish off a wounded animal with a knife is a bad idea. I carry a .22 for those occasional deer that aren't 100% done. Remember that hunters have been killed by wounded deer. Be safe.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

why does anybody try to cut their throat anyways? why not just put another round in it and call it good? I don't think i would ever walk up to a downed deer and knowing it is still alive try to get close to it. Not very smart in my opinion. Maybe there is other reasons for it it i don't know.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got kicked in the ##### once by a old tom turkey. I swear to god! It hurt so bad, was a perfect direct hit, that put me on my knees. It was a domestic turkey, which was a pet. He didn't last very long, to say the least.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:46 PM

years ago when i was 14yrs old i worked at an older freind of mines detaill & tire shop in texas. one day we heard a stange sound and seen that a large emu was stuck in the ranchers fence on the other side of the street. so my freind ran over there to help the emu get out of the fence. and when he got the big bird free it kicked him in the gutt wich slit his belly wide open. he had to hold his gutts in his belly with his hands intel the ambulance arrived. he got alot of stich's but was ok.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:18 PM

my cousin got attacked by a pronghorn does when he found a fawn in hiding. she charged him 4 or 5 times to scare him off. finnally befor she kicked the crap out of him, he got the heck out of there. she probly would have beat him up pretty bad.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

hey tree, the answer as to why i had that doe on top of me was because i had shot it the last day of the season, and you are not allowed to a) carry a firearm during our bow season, and b) i was still after her the next morning, after the season had ended, so i couldn't carry my bow, either.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:50 PM

Three yrs ago my son shot his second buck in the jaw. It ran. we spent three hours chasing and stalking him, bleeding from the sagging mouth and all. Felt bad, but it was what it was.

Anyway when I finally cornered the buck against a crevice he couldn't climb, I stood there at about sixty yards, waiting for my son to catch up. I should've known, the buck got desperate and poised to charge! Holy #@&!!!! I finished him with my rifle. I always felt bad about the whole deal, especially how bad my son felt for the bad shot and me having to finish it. But I think getting gored and kicked would have felt worse.

Quick Reply: butt kicked by a deer? or other big game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.