HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Newspaper Has Unbelievable Story - World Record Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/85734-newspaper-has-unbelievable-story-world-record-buck.html)

buckhunter14 01-09-2005 07:20 AM

Newspaper Has Unbelievable Story - World Record Buck

I was reading the Grand Rapids press from West Michigan and on the front page I came along this story about hunting. Well of course I'm going to read it. I began to ready it and It was about a man, who had I think 25 record deer in the record book. Wow, I thought. This guy is so lucky. Then I keep reading. The DNR found out he had harvested, had other people harvest, or bought these deer off the internet ILLEGALY!! The man was brought to court and had a decsion to either have 2 years in jail or have all of his records out of the book... I couldn't believe thats all he got. He choose to have his records out of the book and all said is done for now I guess.. That story made me rethink alot of stuff!! Has anyone else heard about this or read it?? - Buckhunter14

duramaxlt 01-09-2005 10:56 AM

RE: Newspaper Has Unbelievable Story - World Record Buck

doesn't sound right to me seems he would have lost the records anyway.once he was found guilty

Carpmaster 01-09-2005 11:29 AM

Was it Mitch Rompola??????????????

DUCKSTAMPEDE 01-09-2005 03:34 PM

Talk about ego if that was true-they should make it so that guy can never hunt again.

duramaxlt 01-09-2005 03:59 PM

sounds like hes never hunted to begin with

stubblejumper 01-09-2005 04:21 PM

The man was brought to court and had a decsion to either have 2 years in jail or have all of his records out of the book
If the deer was taken illegally it would be removed from the book period.The entire story sounds like nothing more than a rumour.

nubo 01-09-2005 04:59 PM

Yes something doesn't sound right to me . I think it would be automatic that he'd lose all his recorded record's .So he ended up getting nothing .I don't think so .Either it's Bull or the story is wrong.

nubo

bob d 01-09-2005 05:23 PM

yes it all does not add up

movefish 01-09-2005 05:42 PM

was this todays paper ?01/09/05?i just went to town to get the paper all sold out . ill try tomarrow sure would like to read this .

Huntinlikeaveteran 01-10-2005 08:36 AM

Once someone is convicted i do believe the record can be sent in as anon, but the hunter cant have the deer under his name.

Tim