HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What are your favorite memories of getting ready to go hunting as a kid? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/85116-what-your-favorite-memories-getting-ready-go-hunting-kid.html)

TURKEY FAN 01-04-2005 01:36 PM

What are your favorite memories of getting ready to go hunting as a kid?

Mine was getting up early, drinking me some hot choclate and getting my boots on and just waiting for my uncle to pull into the drive to pick me up. Man when i seen those headlights coming, i would get all giddy, like girl on prom night!:D

cardeer 01-04-2005 02:43 PM

RE: What are your favorite memories of getting ready to go hunting as a kid?

My father warning me dont shoot unless you bring a deer home. Missing in my family meant you took a shot you should of not taken,thus wasted a bullit and might of wounded a animal. If you messed up you got beat and yelled at. He often only gave me 1 round

DUCKSTAMPEDE 01-04-2005 05:04 PM

Nothing like Grandma's eggs, bacon and flat cakes and the smell of coffee-always signaled that a great day was ahead for me and my brother.

Gobbling Buck 01-04-2005 05:56 PM

The night before the opener. Me, my dad, uncle Pete, and friends, and cousins sitting around the wood heater at my uncle Pete's eating parched peanuts and mapping out who was going to be where. My uncle is gone now and everyone else is separated by geography, but the days of old are remembered every hunting season. BTW, thanks for the post.

NJ Deer 01-04-2005 07:57 PM

Mine has always beenand still is since im still a kid to many here i guess(16 yrs) getting everything ready the night before and getting up real early and driving down the old dirt roads in the dark wonderin what the day would bring...jus cant get enough of it

onebullet 01-04-2005 09:37 PM

grocery shopping for all the hard candy we got to take with, my dads army buddies,and sitting in the stand just enjoying nature

onebullet 01-04-2005 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

My father warning me dont shoot unless you bring a deer home. Missing in my family meant you took a shot you should of not taken,thus wasted a bullit and might of wounded a animal. If you messed up you got beat and yelled at. He often only gave me 1 round
onebullet-------- your dad was/is a smart man--look at his kid

young_gun 01-04-2005 09:57 PM

well, my memories have been and still are. waking up about 20 min. before the alarm goes off. having everything set out where it is suposed to be. but still not finding what it is i am exactly looking for. and then being ready about 30 min before we even think about going out. and starting to sweat. and just plain the shear enjoyment of being in the outdoors.

TURKEY FAN 01-05-2005 03:54 PM

These are great guys keep em coming!!:D

metro 01-05-2005 05:22 PM

Howabout those not so fond memories that were a part of making those hunting days so memorable, like the smell of the combination of strong coffee and my dad farting while being couped up in a Volkswagon bug en route to the dove hunting spot.

Metro