Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HOT

Old 01-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default HOT

76 degrees today (Jan 2) I put on a light jacket over a flannel shirt before I got in the stand this morning and at 10:15 I got out of the climber and went to the house. I was sweating just sitting in the stand. Yesterday afternoon the dang mosquitos like to have eat me up. TOO dang hot. On top of the heat the deer are not moving in our area. Hope it soon changes, we don't have but a month of season left.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:24 PM

Default RE: HOT

10degrees here had freezin rain two days ago the dogs dont even wanna go out the oil in my gun frezzes BBBBBBRRRRRRRR i am not feeling sorry for you at this moment in time, as my harley weeps in the garage corner==

whats a normal temp for you this time of year
Old 01-02-2005, 09:31 PM

one, you must be getting the weather we had here yesterday. im from South Dakota. we had unseasonably warm weather up until sat. it was in the 50s all last week. then sat we got sleet and freezing rain and rain but no snow really but made the road crap.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:34 PM

thats the one
yup just down the road southcentral Minn, Iowa border i drove race car for years and like it a little slick so i can play with the e brake and slide around but not this slick i had a hard time walking on the sidewalk

melt-freezesleet rain
Old 01-02-2005, 09:36 PM

lol, i hear ya there. its a bit slick out. my brother and i had a hard time walking from the parking lot at scheels to the car. im just hopeing we can get some snow here
Old 01-02-2005, 09:38 PM

stuff the backside with charmin baby- that grounds hard--lol

they salted the hell outta the roads up here 1999 accord is white even tho its plum-cherry

[:@][:'(]
Old 01-02-2005, 09:42 PM

I hear ya it was a hot one. I only had on a camo shirt and jeans and I was on the verge of sweating. I think that's what brought the mosquitoes in today. I shot a short video of them buzzing me at sun set. I keep a bug hat that looks like a bee keepers helmet in my back pack and today was a good day for it.

quick time movie

This picture looks like a flock of birds at sun set but it's all mosquitoes and 1 bird.
mosquitoes
Old 01-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really stripped down on closing day in VA. on Sat. the 1st. I do not know whatr the temp was but I had on a long tee and my turkey bibs, and I still got hot!!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:36 AM

I don't know how you FL guys do it. I don't think I could live there. It would just never feel like hunting out with the temps being so high. But then again, I'm used to MN weather so who knows.

Onebullet,

I was going to make a trip down to Cabelas on Sat, but decided not to. I'm glad I did. I went down yesterday and saw that all the side roads were just one sheet of ice.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

yep, it was 80 here on the 1st. Im glad I tagged my buck during the rut. Nothing has moved since. This has been the hottest season I can remember.[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.