Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ruined my hunt!!!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:46 PM

Default ruined my hunt!!!

My buddies and I have not had the time to hunt like we normally do. We hunt three or four properties and we just haven't had the chance to make it to one of them. Well every year we get together and hunt morning and evening for the last week of the season. It's fun we BBQ drink a little and catch up. A friend of ours comes down from TN and we make sure he gets at least one to justify paying for the out of state license. We hunted a couple of different properties the first two days and then we decided to go the the land we haven't been able to hunt. Dense forest, with good food plots cut in, and lots of trails and sign. Honestly this is my favorite place to hunt, but we wanted their to be no pressure on the deer, so we never hunted it. We we get into the woods a little bit later than normal and I set up in a ground blind in between the creek and where the deer bed down. lots of broken saplings, rubs, and scrapes. I was fired up because we have been after a fourteen pointer for three years. I'm not down for five minutes when I hear something walking up the trail. I get my gun up and just when I get a view I see it is a hunter. I get out and ask him who he is and he just tells me to be quiet. He says that his buddy has permission to hunt the land, and there are two other guys. One in each of our stands. Well I storm through the woods making as much noise as I can and this guy is following and just being as nice as he can be, of course he knew he was caught. We leave, and my buddies dad goes up there and raises cane because his family has been the only ones allowed to hunt the land for twenty years. Any way they admit they don't know the old lady that owns it and leave, but they had been their all season. The trails were marked, scent sticks were hung everywhere, new trails were made, and camo was up in our stands. Anyway my buddy has not gotten his deer and we are all pi$$ed.

sorry this post is so long, but I just had to rant.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ruined my hunt!!!

That really stinks man!! I wish people would have a little more respect!! Thanks for sharing and good luck!!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sign of the times,stinks
Old 12-31-2004, 02:16 PM

that is rediculous man, people have no respect
Old 12-31-2004, 02:23 PM

I feel for you my friend been there don't that.
Bad part is its only going to get worse.
More people losing there place to hunt for a number of diff. reasons
just start going any place they can get to with or with out permission.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:46 PM

I was mad, but I felt worse for my buddy that spent nearly $200 for one week of hunting. I think if that guy had said they shot that big 14 pointer that is down their I might of beat his ass, but other than that I was just mad that it was my buddies best chance to get a good deer this season.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm afraid this kind of thing happen's all over ,I know it tick's you off and i certainly don't blame you one bit .

nubo
Old 12-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

I feel for ya.

I don't know what you can do. I carry a camera just bout all the time.

Turn 'em in maybe.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know all about tresspasers messing up hunts , I had 6 come on my home place 300yds from my back door and tell me I didn't have permission and try to throw me off. 4 hrs later ,lots of shouting and the sherrif hauled them away . I had their trucks towed.
Got to keep tabs on and post land that is not close .I walk land and talk to the neibors of the land that I have permission to hunt so I can try to avoid what happened to you.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:23 PM

The land is posted, and everyone knows who hunts it.

Quick Reply: ruined my hunt!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.