Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How to's Video, would you ever buy one! >

How to's Video, would you ever buy one!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to's Video, would you ever buy one!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:35 AM

Default How to's Video, would you ever buy one!

Greetings Friends;

I have a question for you? What instructional or how to video's would you like to see made to help you in your hunting? For example, how to find a good tree to put up a tree stand, tree stand safety, what is the best rifle for you, using decoys, and scents, scouting techniques, what would you buy if it were available? Thanks for your help everyone.

Dr. Mike
[email protected]
Old 12-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to's Video, would you ever buy one!

I'd personally like to see more hunting videos where the hunt takes place on public land, unguided. I'd like to see them give more detailed explanations of why they are hunting where they are (scrape line, food source, funnel, saddle, etc.)

I just wanna see how the "experts" fare under REAL hunting conditions. Not on some game preserve or over a baitpile on a private ranch or over a food plot at a private paradise in canada.

I wanna see "hunting the Pennsylvania Game Lands 101," Not "monster saskatchewan bucks VIII."

For chrissakes, if I wanna go to the zoo and look at a big, tame buck, I can do that on my own time.

I just can't stand when a hunting video starts off: "We're down here at the Bonzai Ranch with Patty and Joe Bonzai. They've got some awesome bucks picked out and have been seeing a lot of deer... blah blah blah." Then they proceed to shoot some big tame deer. Whoopitydoodah
Old 12-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Outdoor - I see you've been pretty inquisitive RE: Instructional Videos.

Are you thinking of making an entrepreneurial endeavor in that arena?? I've seen over the years that how-to taxidermy videos are big sellers.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:09 PM

Hi Quiksilver:

Had a nice post to you and my computer went down, anyway, yes I agree with you and some of the video's that are out there now are Billy Bob tapes/DVDs having fun. I have always wanted to know how to do stuff with hunting, and had to learn the stuff myself. My dad didn't have time to teach us boys how to hunt growing up. So, I have this idea on maybe putting some of your suggestions into a project. When I learned about elk hunting it was trial and error, and lots of errors, I talked to successful hunters, read books and magazines. Over several years I have tried my own idea's with elk hunting and know they work. So, asking you and others will help me figure out if this is something I want to do. So if you have any idea's Quiksilver let me know, I sure would appreciate it, thanks and have a great new year!

Dr. Mike