Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT

Old 12-29-2004, 05:28 PM

Default RE: THIS IS NOT RIGHT

I always thought getting out in the woods was the fun part so hunting from a computer wouldn't work for me.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:40 PM

I don't remember where it was, but I was reading something about this recently and apparently the guy who started all this wants to expand this - something about "those stuck at a desk can hunt without leaving the office" - did sound pretty stupid, considering part of hunting is the great outdoors!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's the end of the world as we know it.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:57 AM

they are talking about killing real animals, as they talk about meat processing and taxidermy fees, this is on a ranch, the animals will more than likely be tame, they set up theryre hemi of a machine, and the person sits comfortably at home, instant messages the other guys, and kills his animal,

pretty screwed up if you ask me
Old 12-30-2004, 10:40 PM

Currently there is no law in Texas against this, mainly because nobody actually thought somebody would invent such a thing. Texas Parks & Wildlife are going to try and put a stop to this, but they can only regulate when it comes to native animals. Since this place offers hunts for exotic animals the TP&W can not do anything about that. But there trying to get other federal agencies involved since guns and computers are involved.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

KSHUNTER, if you look at the species listed, you will notice they are all exotics or non game animals as described by Texas Parks and Wildlife dept. These animals may be taken night or day by any method and without a hunting license. This idea may conflict with the canned hunt regs inacted by the state legislature to protect old zoo and privately owned animals, but it only protects big cats and bears if I'm not mistaken. This is a really sick way to make a dollar and will only give the anti's a way to impact and further regulate hunting. This is going to really impact a lot of game ranches for the worse. Just wait and see what the news media does with this one.