Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT

Old 12-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default THIS IS NOT RIGHT

This makes me angry. This is not hunting. Y would any body stupid enough to even think of this ?

http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml
Old 12-28-2004, 09:46 PM

Default RE: THIS IS NOT RIGHT

hmmm i am kind of confused. At first i thought that the computerized rifle was firing on real targets, then i read this:

Currently, shooters will be able to fire 10 (ten) .22 caliber rounds at paper and silhouette targets. You may also have a DVD recording and/or the paper target from the session shipped as an option. Look for additional, varied shooting systems along with competitions to come online soon.

I don't think they are shooting at real animals, just targets that look like those animals. Otherwise the membership fee would be worth 30$, more like 3000$. At least that is how i saw it.

this also made me feal that way:

LIVE-SHOT is similar to a trip to the rifle range with one very notable exception. Everything is done through a computer and the internet. A paid membership will allow for access to the range viewing camera(s) at any time. Members can then schedule a reserved session time which allows exclusive control of the shooting system to fire at a choice of various reactive targets.

Did i miss something? Because the site was kind of confusing to me anyways.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 PM

you missed the taxidermy costs and fees for the animals-go to demo tape on link site

for as long as it takes to get the crosshairs on they better have the animal tied down also
for people in wheelchairs??? and disabled??? and how much money?? dont know many rich disabled people!!!

yup pretty stupid--no doubt -

humor----
not disabled---- stay at home and just send your gun out with track wheels with the computer--run it like a video game, stay dry,watch tv,make popcorn-huumm??
nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo wwwwaaaaayyyyyyy
misses the whole point
Old 12-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

i'm kinda confused too....not real sure what they were talking about
Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting through the computer? Shooting a real gun through a computer? Something like that should have a law against it. The people who thought of this are obviously trying to make a buck, but geez, what idiots.

Can something like this even be legal? To an animal while using a lethal gun over the internet, this all sounds fishy to me.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm i am kind of confused. At first i thought that the computerized rifle was firing on real targets, then i read this:
Currently this place only has the target shooting aspect up and going but they plan to offer actual internet hunts for live animals in the near furture. I actually saw the guy who owns this place on the Today show one morning. There is a lot of legal questions to be sorted out with this deal and a lot of hunting groups are opposed to it as well. I find it pretty sickening myself and hope that it falls through and never happens.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:17 AM

I think this gives hunters a bad name. For those of us who hunt, work an area, scout, and take time to really seek our harvests, respect the harvests that we get, use what we hunt.....this isn't hunting. This is money grubbing & disrespectful.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just playing the Devil's Advocate:

If this is proven to be legal and well regulated etc, would it not benefit those hunters who are now too old to go afield? Those "grandfathers" that introduced us to our sport.

Would it be something that young and old disabled hunters could partake in and ultimately add wild game to their table fare?
Old 12-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

The word HUNTING should not be used with anything that has to do with that site. It is not hunting it is killing. It is (Push Button killing) plain and simple. I also think that any self respecting HUNTER would not call this hunting.
On the farm during cattle harvesting you walk up to a cow point blank and shoot it in the head. Is this HUNTING?.......No
I don't think alot of people know that they have ranch's with animals that have numbered tags in the ear. These tags match a number in a catalog telling the size, age and other info as well as the price of the animal if you wish to HARVEST. Is this HUNTING?.........NO
I think we need to redefine the word HUNTING and HUNTER. I feel nothing about these 2 words should have anything to do with the word CONTROLLED.
Do I approve... Sure as long as the word HUNTING does not appear. Would you call the guy at the Slaughter house killing Chicken's, Turkey, Cattle a HUNTER?....NOPE But I enjoy going to the meat market to pick out some meat from time to time.
These are all CONTROLLED enviroments and when you have control how then can it be called hunting. I feel I have common sense on the issue, However in the hands of the Anti's I think it's just more ammo for them to put down hunting.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

what makes me sick is some people will do this. yeah i agree there should be a law against this, no wonder people are trying to band hunting. I think this is for the lazy people that dont wanna work for their harvest.... Not me thats all I do is work, and when it comes to hunting I work even harder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.