Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wheres the next "World Record" ? >

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Wisconsin, Iowa or ILL. the midwest just has it all. But never forget canada there just is no pressure up there compared to down here in the states.

I will make a bet with you guys. IF and I mean IF we put the kind of hunting pressure on any one providence of canada like sask or manitoba like we do in, ...... lets say PA as I am from NJ and have hunting PA many many times. The world record would be broken several times over in one season. I think the majority would agree with that. So the point is that canada has alot too offer like the midwest does but lots less pressure. For the deer and speaking about just the deer for a minute here. The midwest offers the best food for deer around period. Endless amouts of it. And we know food is one of the primary need to grow mege bucks. Next canada offers good food with food plots around and people do bate them there. But canada offers the deer age more that anything. They get old very old and die of old age alot up there never being seen by a human as lots of ground to cover that will never see a human set foot. Yes there are exceptions to everything but this is just MHO. This is the way I see it.

WOW don't know where this rant came from sorry about that.

Brian
Old 12-30-2004, 12:37 AM

This will probably provoke a few laughs, but I say Maine

The potential is there, although we may not have the advantage of farmland nutrition that many other states have. There are no antler restrictions here, and many hunters do shoot young bucks for meat.

However, there are some bucks out in the deep woods that nobody has even laid eyes on before, so the possiblility exists for record book racks. The descendants of my great-grandfather's 22 point typical are still walking around, probably close to where I now hunt
Old 12-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

next year it will be in cayuga county newyork
with a bow by melol
Old 12-30-2004, 05:04 PM

texas once held the world record...really? news to me. If i recall correctly, the James Jordan Buck from Wisconsin had the record for something like 80 YEARS. as far as that goes, texas hasn't broke the 200" barrier for typical bucks. a 196" typical taken in 1963 is the biggest typical. the 284" non typical i assume is what you're talking about. shot in 1892. hunter unknown. coulda been just found dead. and if this Tejas you speak of isn't high fenced, then where's all the booner bucks? people not believe in record books down there?

The facts speak for themselves:

7,265 deer in B&C
Texas-231 typical entries
128 non typical entries
Iowa-427 typical entries
266 non typical entries
Wisconsin-469 typical entries
213 non typical entries
Illinoins-380 typical entries
264 non typical entries

minn has a bunch, as does the canuck provinces. basically, Texas just don't stack up to anyone else unless you're behind that 11 foot fence.

slayer
Old 12-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Someone did their homework!
Old 12-30-2004, 05:25 PM

lol I've been waiting to unload some facts on somebody. my mom got me Boone and Crockett Records of North American Whitetail Deer fourth edition for Xmas..learned alot from it already

slayer
Old 12-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done! What a great gift!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:10 PM

Deerslayer:

Heres something that I read in a magazine a while back,

The south Texas brush country is home to the finest white-tail deer herd in existence, bar none. Sure, the top-end bucks taken in the northern part of the U.S and Canada are huge, but when it comes to deciding which region yields the highest number of trophy-class bucks, one must look at the average size of bucks taken on an annual basis. Unquestionably, south Texas reigns as king, producing an extremely strong average, with more 160 class bucks in the annual harvest than anywhere on the North American continent.

True Texas has never produced a 200" typical. Why? Honestly I think its because alot of the big bucks in this area have the genetics to produce nontypical antlers. So finding a "clean" typical is very hard. Although a buck was taken a few weeks ago who is a typical 12 point and nets 218" as a nontypical. It looks like he has about 15" of nontypical tines, which when subtracted might make him a typical over the 200" mark.

This deer season is probably the best ever, the number of B&C qualify bucks is going to be awesome, and I cant wait until the dust is all clear and the final number is tallied. But I remember back in 97, when 24 bucks where taken that quailified for the B&C books. Between 1990-1999 there where 58 typical and 54 non-typical B&C qualifers taken. During this time, over 1,000 bucks where registered that scored 160" or more. And during the 97 year a 196" typical was killed in south Texas but "kept quite" for personal reason. I'm sure there where many more 160"+ bucks that were taken but not registered for one reason or another. And with out a doubt there are a ton of B&C class bucks that have been taken but not registered for one reason or another, which I'm sure is the case in every state.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 PM

the 284" non typical i assume is what you're talking about. shot in 1892. hunter unknown. coulda been just found dead.
No it wasent found dead. Its called the "brady buck" and is on display at the Lone Star Brewery in San Anotonio. Hes got 78 points and ranked #1 in the world.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

are you sure your not talking about a state record?
this is what i understand is the world record, and i cant find anything about the brady buck.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Quick Reply: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.