Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wheres the next "World Record" ? >

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Old 01-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

illinois or iowa
Old 01-08-2005, 03:09 PM

No PY Seeker, there is a difference in me and other non residents. its called owning land. our family pays taxes to the state of iowa, why shouldn't we have some kind of preference in the draw?

slayer
Old 01-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Well if you have family that lives in iowa and owns land then they do deserve more rights, but if you live out of state and hunt on family land in Iowa you are a non resident! If every person who owned land but lived out of state got preference, there probably wouln't be any non residents that didn't own any land getting a chance to hunt. You may pay land taxes but you still don't contribute nearly the same as a full time resident. Unfortunately the good big buck states must control hunter numbers in order to keep the status of the Big bucks.
ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

No PY Seeker, there is a difference in me and other non residents. its called owning land. our family pays taxes to the state of iowa, why shouldn't we have some kind of preference in the draw?

slayer
Old 01-09-2005, 04:26 AM

Ohio or West Virginia will have the next record. Alot of the land in these 2 states is privately owned and they dont allow hunting. Many great deer have been spotted on these lands. Recently the mood of the land owners has been changing due to concerned hunters to actually allowing a few of these lands to be hunted. I have no doubt that the next one will come from the Ohio Valley near the Ohio River. Just my opinion lol
Old 01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

I would have to say Illinois, Iowa, or somewhere in Canada. Last year there was a bow kill in Canada by "Tiggy" Collins that scored just below the Mel Johnson buck from Illinois (World record bow kill typical; scores 204 something).

As far as the Brady buck from Texas that some of you are referring to, if it is the same one I'm thinking of, there are two sets of antlers; one being sheds and the other being the actual rack. If I remember correctly there was some confusion as to which is which b but in the end I think the sheds scored around 283 NT (estimated spread) and the actual rack was around 278 NT but the sheds were long thought to be the actual rack. And whoever said it was killed in 1872, I think you are correct....or at least it's in that time frame.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Fork Horn

It's going to come from alberta!!!!!!!

And if I can help it the record will come from NORTH OF THE ATHABASCA RIVER....
Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 AM

5 pages of replies and no one mentioned Michigan. hmmmmmm