Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS >

BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Old 12-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Howdy guys,

I guided flyfishing here in MT some this past summer and got a call from an outfitter who was going to be featured on a tv show--Better Built world of Outdoors--Brock Ray--the host--for a fly fishing episode--half an episode actually. He wanted me to row the camera guy down the river (Missouri) while he took Brock and some guy that won a silent auction to fish with BROCK RAY THE GREAT OUTDOORSMAN. I agreed.
The camera guy was likeable enough and, of course, we spent a lot of time together. Brock and this other guy did not know how to flyfish, which is fine except, he was doing a tv show about flyfishing (this episode anyhow). So what would happen was this--the outfitter would actually hook the fish, then hand the rod to Brock, then the camera guy would say "ACTION", then Brock would commence to whoop and holler and talk about what was happening--which was him catching fish--which was not altogether what was happening. it was disgusting to watch in real time.
Worse was that to get close ups and other angles, the outfitters kid, who was also in my boat, would get out after we would stop, take the end of Brocks line (fishing line) and run downstream while Brock was on camera fighting this "fish"--get it. after expressing my feelings about this whole thing to the camera guy when we were out of earshot, he told me that he--Brock--does that kind of stuff a lot.
He also said that Brock would not eat wild meat--just takes the head of whatever.
I could not believe it. If I seem kind of angry its b/c for one thing flyfishing is another sport that I love and I feel was degraded by this lying bung hole--plus not utilizing the animal personally for more than the mount is also repulsive. We all had dinner together and he came acroos as just an arrogant sucker that was using the outdoors to make a shameful living--
I was watching one of his shows Friday night,--by the way-- he always wears a big hat b/c he is like 5 ft nothing and has napolean syndrome--Do you think this stuff is predominant in these shows????--most of which, I enjoy on TV. Last night on his--He arrowed a whitetail and instead of watching what happened to the deer, instantly--INSTANTLY--when he released the arrow--he turned toward the camera and started saying "wow, I got him, yeah"..........right.........fake. then on the second half he gut shot one with a rifle (you could see the impact) plus they wouldn't show the downed animal--just barely the head and only for a moment.
Anyway I'm thinking of emailing all of his sponsors, not to say I'm gonna boycott their products, just to ask them if they realize what a jerk this guy is and to tell them that I'll will mention that fact to other real outdoorsman--sorry that this thread is so long--what do you guys think?

HB

I know that there have to be some very respectable people making some of these shows and some of the shows are absolutely terrific. Its just after spending a day with him I was reviled by the actions and personality
of someone who falsely represents a way of life that I dearly cherish.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:19 PM

Default RE: BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

I always thought that most of the out door shows where like that, the faked part, the rest just plain turns me off.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think they state somewhere in the credits on most of these shows, IN VERY SMALL IDDY BIDDY print that they reserve the right to apply "creative editing" to enhance the viewers experience. (I.E. ............................LIE!)

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-26-2004, 07:22 PM

Hahahahahaha...

:::catches breath:::

Hahahahahaha...

Thanks for sharin' HB.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

That is a bunch of crap eh!! Kind of gives good, hard working hunters a bad name and most of us would love an opportunity to have our own show or to hunt for a living. I was watching Turkey Country tonite on Outdoor Channel and there was a classic example when you have the cameraman in front of the hunter just to one side of his gun barrel filming a quick clip of him taking aim. Who are they trying to fool. Or when you see a hunter coming up on an elk or deer and cameraman is already on the other side of him filming him coming to it and looking surprised that he found it. There are a few out there I like such as "Best of the west" and others but cut out the stupid filler shots as it takes away from the show in my opinion...
Old 12-26-2004, 08:02 PM

Ive always felt that way about him,,, in all of his shows, he hunts only high fence ranches, and his actions are already described well here so I wont repulse us any more about him. It would be nice if the channels airing shows like his knew enough about ethics to not let fakes make hunters look ridiculous.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:59 PM

I think they'll do whatever they want to get ratings and the almighty dollar. I did see a good show the other day where a father and son (maybe 12 y/o) were hunting deer. A buck showed up and the dad was helping his son with shot placement. The only shot he had was head on so he told him to wait for the buck to turn sideways. They waited a few minutes and the buck ended up walking back into the woods and they never got a shot off. I thought it was nice that as bad as he wanted his son to get a buck, he taught him the right way. We need more shows like this to teach young hunters.
JMO,
Steve
Old 12-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do like the hat
Old 12-27-2004, 06:54 AM

he is a idiot i dont like him a bit and i will boycott his sorry butt with ya
Old 12-27-2004, 08:32 AM

Oops-I didn't really shoot that deer in the gut-must have been shot before by some careless hack hunter-hey dude can you rundown and hook me a bass so I can show these couch jockies how good I am-I'm with ya-bunch a lazy bums that wouldn't know a good fishing hole or a great hunt if it bit them in the a..... Never watch them because they are so phony.

Quick Reply: BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.