Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS >

BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Old 01-19-2005, 12:50 AM

Default RE: BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

He's a Dork, fake and gives the true experience of our outdoors a bad name!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: kshunter

I emailed Brock, he did email me back, within the same day, with a detailed lengthy email and his side of the story, basically confirming most of the stuff in the post. Seemed like an honest guy, who at least didn't lie about it, from his email.
Post his email i want to read it
Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

me too.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:04 AM

With the advent of the new hat cams these days we should all start to film real hunts ourselves. No camera man just a cam on our hat and that's it. This would be the only way to get a true depiction of what hunting really is. I don't subscribe to the OLN and only occasionally catch a show on ESPN2...who has now gone to nothing but bass on Sat. Yawn ZZZZZZZ. Yeah that is intresting. A new baby on the way so I know I'll have plenty to keep me entertained between now and Spring Gobbler. Damn TV. You can't believe anything you see on it anyway.
I'm going to price some hat cams now. Hope some of you will join me. If a lot of us did this We could swap videos of hunts and have a whole library of real, truthful hunting and trout fishing and I guess I'd watch some bass videos too The best part would be us couch jockies would be outdoors getting footage which is where we all belong anyway.

Whoever posted about the father son deer hunt.Kudos, That is real hunting and what we need to be showing our kids. Not some record book trophy that the guide patterened all year so some phony could make a kill video.

See ya'll in the woods!
Roost
Old 01-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

It bothers me tremendously to hear about things like this when it involves a sport that I am so passionate about. How do people like this get sponsored?

It so frustrating because I have looked very hard to try and find any type of job position within a company involved in the outdoor industry, and would literally give up a very successful career with a ton of potential without hesitation to pursue something like this as a living. I would do it without thought even if it meant less income.

To think of people that manage to make a living like this makes me sick, it makes me very hesitant to purchase products from sponsors that would support someone like this. [:@]
Old 01-19-2005, 04:11 PM

Fake. I saw him on some high fence pen ranch where he set up in the open maybe 100 yard from this crossing. shot this huge buck. right out in the open. Ted Nugent seems like a great guy, but all the spirit of the wild and all that mother nature stuff doesnt do much for me. the whole bloodbrother stuff too. kinda turns me off. I'm liking ESPN 2's saturday morning lineup..there are no good bass shows on the outdoor channel or OLN.

slayer
Old 01-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

be veeerrrrrryyyy careful putting down high fences on this forum theres some staunch supporters on here and you might get flamed.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

I know of a local "celebrity" outdoor show and another "credible" show that have both gone on fenced whitetail hunts in WI of someone I know who owns the outfit. Both shows provided the name of the outfitter but it was never once discussed that it was a fenced hunt and not free range animals. What a bunch of B.S.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I HAVE NOT WATCHED his show since i heard him say " for $3,000, you can shoot any one buck of your choice".

for any of you who cant tell REAL QUICK when a canned hunt is on tv: when you see 2 guys walking w/ only 1 gun and no orange on-its a canned hunt. the other guy w/o the gun is usually there to tell the shooter how much $$ that each particular buck costs. kind of like a used car salesman.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:47 PM

In reply to, o2bebowhunting, In the great state of Texas you are not required to wear orange. I hunt on a low fenced piece of private property and there have been many days where I and my son are in full camo walking to and from a blind or just working a spot and stalk with a single gun and maybe a video camera. No price list just some smarts about what to shoot and what to let walk for another day. Not sure I can agree with your quick summary of how to ID a canned hunt. To each his own.

Quick Reply: BROCK RAY--FAKE--BETTER BUILT WORLD OF OUTDOORS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.