HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Finaly!!!!! pics inside!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/83877-finaly-pics-inside.html)

nosfedgta 12-24-2004 03:49 PM

Finaly!!!!! pics inside!!!!

I finaly got a buck. A beautifull 10 pointer. I have a good story to go with him. I will post it later tonight when I get back fromt he x-mas party....

ok I am back now. So here is the long story :)

so I wake up at 5:30 and shut the alarm off. Well I stayed in bed for what I thought was a second and next thing I know its 7:48am!!!!!! I was mad as hell. So I get up get all my gear together and charge out the door. I get to my hunting club at 8:45 or so and realize that all the gates are locked to every access road we have. I am like ok cool nobody is here at all today. So I chagne places I was going to hunt. I was going to go in this one area because I was so late and I did not want to disturb anyone. Well When I noticed nobody was there I decided to go where I had planned if I woke up on time :)

So i open the gate and drive to the parking area. I then get all my stuff together and start walking to my stand. Well I get about 60 yards from the truck and I jump a deer... I am ohh great way to start the day. So ai start walking more quietly and more aware on my way to the stand. I got to the stand and put on my warmer clothes and get my gear ready and start climbing the tree. I get about 3/4 of the way up and I hear deer running through the woods diagonaly to my left behind me. I stop climbing and look and see a few deer. I pull my gun up fast and start looking back at where I saw the deer. Well I can hear them but I can see any of them. Its like they vanished. I wait 30 min or so and nothing. I assumed the went inot the brush and and slipped onto the ridge there. So I lower my gun back donwn and climb the rest of the way up and get situated.

Well here is the part that almost made me leave. The deer I saw came by at about 9:15 or so. Then at about 9:30 her comes 4 DOGS down the same trail the deer wre running on. The go from the pines into the brush then inot the hardwoods behind me then back to the brush. Thats when I knew the deer went from the bush to the small ridge. Thats were the dogs backtracked to. Well I was so pissed seeing thsoe dogs!!! I was going to shoot them as well, but I didnt.

I then told myself to calm donw and just stay there for a litte while longer. Well at about 10:45 or so I am still frustrated. I keep telling myself to just stay for a little while longer. I tell mysle to stay untill 12 or 1 pm. Then at 11:00 am I am getting a little cold and decide to open a hot hands packet. I end up fumbling wiht the package a few minutes to get it open. After finaly opening it I start to wiggle the little packet to get it hot. After a few seconds I look up and I see a body standing in the narrow logging trail I use to get to my stand. I imediatly put the packet down and grab my gun. The deer was bout 100 yards away. I look through the scope and see a big body and look towards the head and see horns!!!!! Now I have been hunting for over 10 years. I got eh bigest case of buck fever I have ever had!!!!!!!! I think this is because this is the first big buck I have seen since the season opened this year in GA.

Well I instantly want to shoot, but I calm down to see what the deer is going to do. Well it turns and starts walking down the logging trail right tward me!!! at every opnong I want to shoot, but I dont. Well it just keeps on coming and coming!!!! The wind has been in my face all day so the chances of him winding me and slim. Well I told myself if he copmes into the opening 15 yards infront of the stand I am going to shoot. well he does just that. I bleat with my mouth, he stops and I take the shot!!!!!!!!! I goes through the right should and exits through the left 3rd rib. He was angled towards me. I have never been this ecited all year. Even when I shot the 3 deer last saturday morning did nto compare to thso feeling. He ran about 60 yards hit a tree then turned and went 25 yards in the opposite direction, and then he was down......

The logging trail He came down is like a V it comes to my stand then goes back up the other direction. There is a small strip of rye grass planted in the middle of this about 30-40 yards long and about 8 feet wide. all behind me is a hard wood bottom with a small ridge.

Well this is my story I know its long, but I have waited all hunting season for this day...

there are some more pics a few posts down....

strut 12-24-2004 03:52 PM

RE: Finaly!!!!! pics inside!!!!

Congrats on a nice buck.

BowHuntingFool 12-24-2004 03:55 PM

Nice buck! Congrats!!!!!

JerseyJim 12-24-2004 05:06 PM

GREAT BUCK! CONGRATS!

Allen Denton 12-24-2004 08:29 PM

Nice buck!! Congrats!!

cardeer 12-25-2004 12:34 AM

Congrates,Wow that black car in the back ground had a terible paint match on the front left side.

Tree climber 12-25-2004 05:41 AM

congrats. on a nice buck.

nosfedgta 12-25-2004 08:36 PM

here is another.....

nosfedgta 12-25-2004 08:37 PM

and here is one more where you can see the one tine that has a knot in it...

nosfedgta 12-25-2004 08:39 PM

and one more...