Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Charlie Brown, well spoken. Definately a very, very valid side to this.

Geotgetownboys, I don't think ATV's are really a point in your case. No "new laws" are needed here. If coppers can positively ID the perps here thay should be charged (I believe) with B&E (breaking and entering), criminal damage to property and possibly vandalism. If it can be proven that the perps used any type of "vehicle" (even a bicycle, pogo stick or roller skates) in the commision of these acts then these "vehicles" can be seized.

There are so many laws, so many. But every time something happens to someone they cry that there needs to be a SPECIFIC law, with wording inclusive of their belief to "protect" everyone. In nearly every case there is a law covering the circumstances. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of law enforcement & prosecutors to find ALL the applicable statutes and apply them LIBERALLY in order to perform their duties of "protecting the people".

A kid rode his bike across my nice, freshly cut lawn this summer and his friend walked along side of him while they were both consuming sodas. "I want a law to ban the use of bicycles and tennis shoes. Sodas should be prohibited alo as I think drinking the sodas was a contributing factor!"

Sounds crazy doesn't it? CAUSE IT IS!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 PM

I'd like to ask a question to the people that are disgusted with the atvers are you snowmobliers? I ask this ? because I have the state trail that runs thru my property.They have tresspassed onto my property and I'm sure that it happens other places to so should we ban snowmobiles too? Now here inMN snowmobile season runs in the last two months of hunting season. When I'm out hunting during that time And I've seen deer coming down on trails and the snowmobiles come screaming by the deer don't jump into the next cty and never come back. Why because they are use to heearing them. I guess what I'm trying to say that deer get accustom to certain noises. so to me I don't believe that a atv would scare a deer out of a certain area for good And not all atvers are the devil The majority of us DO RESPECT OTHER HUNTERS AND THE LAWS REGARDING THE USE OF ATVS DURING HUNTING SEASON. AND THAT INCLUDES ME
Old 01-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: KevAK

i cant wait for the day when they ban atv's for good
WOW some of you guy's are really out there!
This argument seemed a little familiar. Isnt this the same argument that the anti gunners are taking.
Ban,License,Regulate. It's this kind of thinking that is the scurge of America.Punish the mass's for the ingnorance of a few. It's a shame to see my fellow hunters taking this stance.[:@]
Old 01-14-2005, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

ATV's have NO PLACE in Whitetail hunting. We use 10-30 pound treestands to kill 50-250 pound animals. These aren't half-ton moose, they aren't 750-pound elk. You can easily drag one with rope or a pull-cart.

Nothing really ruins my hunting day like seeing a quad zooming across the gamelands with a rifle mounted on the handlebars (unloaded and properly cased, of course).

It just seems this simple to me: If you're too lazy to drag your deer home, or too lazy to foot it into the backcountry, you probably shouldn't be hunting there. If you can't lug your stand in by the sweat on your brow, you should probably hunt from the ground or sit by the road.

Around home, ATV's have cost me more good hunting ground than I'd ever dreamt possible. They cut the fences, which lets out the livestock, they shoot from the quad, they leave a muddy mess and a trail of litter in their wake. They ride down the roads. They maim themselves. People actually give these things to their kids as TOYS! Then they call our law office wanting to sue somebody when the inevitable happens.

Granted, they have their uses, but the misuse has exceeded the bounds of reason, and it's probably time for us, as hunters, conservationists, and landowners to express our discontent.

I DO support, however, permitted ATV use among disabled individuals.
So the way you do things is the only acceptable way? No one can use a different hunting style?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

They should not be allowed during legal shooting hours. Use them to retrieve game when they wont ruin anyone elses hunt. They don't bother me much as nobody uses them in our hunting area.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Montana Bob

ORIGINAL: KevAK

i cant wait for the day when they ban atv's for good
WOW some of you guy's are really out there!
This argument seemed a little familiar. Isnt this the same argument that the anti gunners are taking.
Ban,License,Regulate. It's this kind of thinking that is the scurge of America.Punish the mass's for the ingnorance of a few. It's a shame to see my fellow hunters taking this stance.[:@]

Montana there are lots of them out there!! and here!![:-]
Old 01-15-2005, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

ATV's have NO PLACE in Whitetail hunting. We use 10-30 pound treestands to kill 50-250 pound animals. These aren't half-ton moose, they aren't 750-pound elk. You can easily drag one with rope or a pull-cart.

Nothing really ruins my hunting day like seeing a quad zooming across the gamelands with a rifle mounted on the handlebars (unloaded and properly cased, of course).

It just seems this simple to me: If you're too lazy to drag your deer home, or too lazy to foot it into the backcountry, you probably shouldn't be hunting there. If you can't lug your stand in by the sweat on your brow, you should probably hunt from the ground or sit by the road.

Around home, ATV's have cost me more good hunting ground than I'd ever dreamt possible. They cut the fences, which lets out the livestock, they shoot from the quad, they leave a muddy mess and a trail of litter in their wake. They ride down the roads. They maim themselves. People actually give these things to their kids as TOYS! Then they call our law office wanting to sue somebody when the inevitable happens.

Granted, they have their uses, but the misuse has exceeded the bounds of reason, and it's probably time for us, as hunters, conservationists, and landowners to express our discontent.

I DO support, however, permitted ATV use among disabled individuals.
So lets lump everyone that rides a atv into one classification! Thats like saying all folks from PA are a bunch of stuck up arrogant jerks. now i know thats not true just a few!

I think they do have a place in WHITETAIL hunting maybe not yours but mine for sure.
And cut the lazy crap out i have heard that B/S before . Just because i ride a atv i'm lazy? well you bring it on down here and keep up with me when i'm out working with my atv.

How have the majority of atv'ers
but the misuse has exceeded the bounds of reason
? I am a landowner !!!! I also lease 2100 acres of prime hunting ground from LANDOWNERS . I use a atv on that land (which is absolutely of NO concern to you!) to do my lazy business. how does that equate to abuse that exceed the bounds of reason??
exactly what are the bounds of reason?

Then they call our law office wanting to sue somebody when the inevitable happens.
You the receptionist at a law office?

Be careful what you wish for cause someone else may be wishing worse for you!
Old 01-16-2005, 06:08 AM

quote:

but the misuse has exceeded the bounds of reason? I am a landowner !!!! I also lease 2100 acres of prime hunting ground from LANDOWNERS . I use a atv on that land (which is absolutely of NO concern to you!) to do my lazy business. how does that equate to abuse that exceed the bounds of reason??
exactly what are the bounds of reason?

Bounds of reason?

Don't ride your ATV on land you don't own or have permission to
+ DON"T CUT MY $%$% FENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

LAZY!!!!!!!!

How about the guys that drive 300 yrds from there stand then unload the ATV to drive it 300 yds across a level mowed hay field to thier stand????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
Also see bounds of reason as this fits lazy also the %*%#$@@ gate was 25 yds from where they cut the fence & yes there was NO LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Then they call our law office wanting to sue somebody when the inevitable happens.

SUE ME YEA,

The dumb sh#@ that took me to small claims court because he run over a pile of rust metal in a old ditch that was there when I bought the land.
He hit a piece & it broke the crank case & he thought I should pay HA HA.
Judge thought it was funny too.

I own the land, I pay the taxes ,I maintain the land , I say who hunts fishes & who rides on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do all of the above & see what you feel like when they destroy
your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

They have cut my fences too. I saw the tracks going in and around my land then back out where they cut a new hole.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]. They better police their ranks of they will be banned.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:03 PM

Why not ban hunting boots too?I use an atv to get to where I hunt.I can't walk very far.I used it last year and saw more deer than I ever did.I got permission to use it on the property I hunted and was careful not to rut up the trails.I know that there are snowmobile trails out there,maybe they should also make some atv trails so there would be a place for them to ride also.I would rather see trails than have guys trespassing.Snowmobiles trespass as much,if not more than atvs and they rut up the trails because the first dusting of snow,they are on the trails.

Quick Reply: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.