Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Old 12-23-2004, 09:05 PM

Default 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Where i live people on 4 wheelers are ruining the hunting for everybody they are cutting farmers fences to be able to get on their land causing them not to allow any one else to hunt cant blame the farmers wondering this happen in anybody elses area ?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:47 PM

Default RE: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

A 140 gr. ballistic tip through the gas tank will stop that (just kidding). Seriously, the guys I hunt with on weekends can't figure out why they are not seeing deer when they drive their 4-wheelers to the stand. One guy told me that he hadn't seen a deer out of this particular stand all year. I've hunted that same stand 5 times and saw deer 4 out of the 5 times (all does) but at least I'm seeing deer.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:25 PM

Must be a WV thing jones. I had that problem. Called the law out here when I heard them and they happened to be coming out as the sheriff was pulling in. They got trespass warnings and I haven't seen them since. I also put up barbed wire with an orange cloth, for visibility (don't need a lawsuit) across one of their main trails.
Good to see another Mountaineer on the board.
Good luck,

Steve
Old 12-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

roofing nails
Old 12-24-2004, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: JONES 1969

Where i live people on 4 wheelers are ruining the hunting for everybody they are cutting farmers fences to be able to get on their land causing them not to allow any one else to hunt cant blame the farmers wondering this happen in anybody elses area ?
i dont use a 4wheeler at all and wished they would be banned during deer season, i definately have had problems while hunting with 4welrs driving them outside our allowed time limits which is 11:am to 2:00pm to allow for deer to be recovered and not bother others, seems like the second their done gutting em----they fire up the 4welr and crash about scarin everything for a half mile no matter what time- come on fellow hunters mutual respect and courtesy on this LAW-in Minn. please
Old 12-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

It ain't the 4wheelers fault! The 4wheeler is just a tool! The slob hunter, the poacher, the criminal, can make any "good" tool look bad, using it in the wrong way, for the wrong purpose!
Old 12-25-2004, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

It ain't the 4wheelers fault! The 4wheeler is just a tool! The slob hunter, the poacher, the criminal, can make any "good" tool look bad, using it in the wrong way, for the wrong purpose!

like just because i ride a harley it dont make me a hells angel[8D]
Old 12-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

As was already suggested ,
scatter some roofing nails or place nail studded boards on their trails , they'll puncture the tire so that it leaks slowly to reduce the chance of injury to the rider . After they change a tire or two they usually get the hint , it ain't fun to push a quad .
Old 12-25-2004, 09:34 PM

i cant wait for the day when they ban atv's for good
Old 12-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

scatter some roofing nails or place nail studded boards on their trails , they'll puncture the tire so that it leaks slowly to reduce the chance of injury to the rider
If an innocent person walking down the trail steps on some of these nails or studded boards they could be injured.If it is discovered that you placed the nails you would be legally liable.Then again the injured person may seek revenge without involving the law.

Quick Reply: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.