Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

out of control wild kidds

Old 12-22-2004, 09:43 AM

Default out of control wild kidds

i heard shots from behind my house yesterday,so i went to see who was out there, i found three kidds 13 and under,two of them were up in my ladder stand and the other was about half way up .All 3 had single shot shotguns,i hollered at them to get down and they came over and gave me a line about being lost and didn't know how to get to the road.None of them had orange on i,i got on to them about being out there and not having any on and told them to stay out of them woods cause people were out there deer hunting.One of the kidds lives across the road from me with his grandpaw,no dad and his moms a tramp.I talked to the boys granddad about me finding them out there with the guns and that i didn't want them out there while my friends and i were hunting.He just laughed and said yes them boys been shooting birds ,and I didn't want to start nothing with him cause i think he's in the late first stage of a mental illness so i just left it . Reckon what i need to do if they come back .I don't want to get all mad at them and make them hate me ,i just don't want them out there where they might get hurt.Reckon what a good corse of action i should take and with who ,the county law or the kidds mom. Maybe just call the sheriff and make a report that i caught them on my land and asked them to leave or something like that .I'm used to dealing with growups but not little kidds.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: out of control wild kidds

You don't say where your from as law enforcement from different parts of the country act different.
Here where I live I would call the local law and meet at the boy's house and express your concern for there saftey. Use safety as the issue and maybe you will make a friend for the future with the family. See if the boy/boy's want to go out hunting. Maybe be the big brother type.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:05 AM

Comes a time when you can't be a nice guy, no dad, mom AWOL & gramps teetering on the fence of reality Sounds to me like you have no recourse but to call the sheriff. I don't know how they acted towards you but if your situation is like the one I dealt with the kids are not going to listen to you anyway. Where did they get the guns? Grandpa? They obviously have not had proper instructions on respect nor safety.. If you think there's a chance of befriending these kids (your call) maybe that's what you need to do. It's tough in this day and age for kids whose parents are not there. Good luck, sounds like you will need it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had not read your post, Bob, before posting mine, sounds like we're on the same channel. Maybe God brought those kids to you Little D, for a reason. Good advice, Montana.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:11 AM

i live in north mississippi, i don't think the kidd needs a gun ,i think he takes after his grandpaw to much if you know what i mean.I do think working with the kidds is the way to go other than making them get in a bunch of trouble ,i have took them fishing and let them ride my ponys but i worry about the guns when i'm at work or out of town.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:27 AM

sounds like they would be worth the time. just tell them you dont want the guns around if your not around . i think they will listen to you -they wouldnt want to jepordize your friendship(fishing,ponys etc.) you may be the only role model they have!! tell them if they help you do chores(whatever) you seem like a pretty cool fella -figure something out that they can earn as a reward(whatever) i got a feeling they may respond to that
ask if they had any safety courses- if not i guess its up to ALL of us to make our hunting safe, as i said i think God delivered them to you for a reason. teach em well
Old 12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Try and work with them. Offer to be their hunting Mentor.Teach them.Who knows ??????
Old 12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have them work your place. Give 'em a few bucks for helpin'. Tell 'em that if the works done they can hunt a little but only when you say. Don't take no crap from 'em though. If they goof on you throw 'em out for a week. They are gonna grow up quick. If you handle it right you could wind up with a heck of a good posse' on your hands for the rest of your years. Aww, maybe I just watched "Big Valley" and "Ponderosa" too much as a kid.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 PM

I have to agree with the previous posters. If you try getting them in trouble now whats going to happen when they get older and start looking for trouble ? In WV you have to hunt with an adult until you're 16. Offer to take them to a Hunters Safety Course. Sounds like they could use someone to look up to and that someone could be you.
Good luck,

Steve
Old 12-23-2004, 12:39 AM

all horses are wild till ya tame em- go for it d ---

please read below this could be called one bullets christmas
-----------------------------------------------------------
we had christmas today - good dinner ,deer, ham pumpkin pie, candy ,gifts, new dvd movie to watch that night,promises from the boys (19&20) that they are going to hunt with me next year,

my son 19 was bummed because his girlfriend could not make it because her sister just had a stroke (31 yrs old)
then about 9:00 we get a call she didnt make it- [&o]---------leaving behind a young son. no dad

heavy sigh---go for it d-- it could be her kid your teachin---

GOD definately works in mysterious ways

i
Old 12-24-2004, 09:53 PM

its now 2 days later and things are ok- cant help but remember losing dads dad(grampa) christmas morning 1993- grandma mace christmas eve 1989 but we still celebrate with joy in our hearts for the son given so we could live

life is short live it

merry christmas- Gods peace for everyone

Quick Reply: out of control wild kidds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.