Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Day dripers?

Old 12-22-2004, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Day dripers?

Have any of you used one of those day dripers? Do they work? How long after you put it out before you hunted the spot? I'm going to try it over the holidays. I have 12 days off, so I have a little time to work with. (Between playing Santa and all the other fuss)
Old 12-22-2004, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Day dripers?

I have a few of them, and when the temputure gets higher its supposed to start dripping. Bein here in New Jersey I put mine out in mid September, well It seems whatever I put in it, the same amount is still in there a month later.....so for me no matter how many I had it never seemed to work the way they say it does
Old 12-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

i'm not familiar with it at all. What is it and what is it supposed to do?
Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a glass container that you fill you fill with deer scent, hang over a scrape or make a mock scrape, its suppose to drip during daylight hours when the tempture raises, in return it conditions the bucks to visit the scrape during the day......It just seems that they never work for me, meaning no matter how much scent I put in, and no matter how long I leave it out I have the same amount of scent in it.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

oh ok.....thanks for clearing that up. I have never used sents (besided cover sent for me). I see most people take some toilet paper with sent on it and hang it in the tree