HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Dang Poachers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/83448-dang-poachers.html)

timbercruiser 12-21-2004 07:44 AM

Dang Poachers

On part of our hunting land a week or so ago they found the remains of 14 deer thrown out at the entrances to our lease. A few of them had the backstraps cut out and a couple of bucks had the antlers cut off. The rest of the deer was just thrown out beside the road. We have an idea who did it, but it is one of those things that is almost impossible to catch. We put a camera in a concealed place, but the odds of catching them is probably very low.

trophyhuntr 12-21-2004 08:28 AM

RE: Dang Poachers

ignorance is what it is

BowHuntingFool 12-21-2004 08:37 AM

What are people thinking when they do something like this. This just gets me sick![:@]

cardeer 12-21-2004 10:39 AM

Idiots they need their backstraps cut out alive

quiksilver 12-21-2004 11:16 AM

Sometimes a $50-100 reward offered to an acquaintance of the suspects will get you a pretty good lead. Tell 'em that you promise you'll never mention his name as the source, and keep your promise. It really helps if you have a little dirt on the squealer, too.

Even if they don't go down, sometimes just a happy visit from the local game warden is enough to put a once brazen poacher's tail between his legs. If nothing else, he'll relocate his activities.

Is it possible that the deer were legally taken, just with the remains being littered onto your property? Guys around here have favorite carcass-littering spots, which is a peeve of mine. They put the hide, head and bones in a garbage bag, thinking that the plastic bag will magically disappear. I wouldn't care if they just tossed out the organic stuff.

OregunHntr 12-21-2004 11:28 AM

That makes me so mad. Ignorance is right. Call the Game Warden and let them
know what is going on, and maybe they can increase patrols in your area. At least
let the Poachers know that the Fish and Wildlife guys are out there.

I dont understand guys when they do that. [:@]

timbercruiser 12-21-2004 03:58 PM

Game wardens are working the case, but unless we can get a picture or a solid lead it doesn't look good.

JONES 1969 12-21-2004 11:23 PM

Dang poachers in my area too like to catch them and test my aim their way!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@]

whitetail_fanatic 12-22-2004 12:27 AM

i hunt my grandads property, a railroad track runs parallel to the property . poachers were walking the tracks and shooting deer of of our property, we called the games warden and haven't seen them since or anybody else, once the word gets around that you won't put up with that kind of crap, its usually not a problem anymore