Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what are your state regs.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:23 PM

Default what are your state regs.

NEW YORK
max # of deer with proper permits in one hunting season 3, (2 bucks 1 doe, or 2 doe 1 buck)
Old 12-18-2004, 08:33 PM

Default RE: what are your state regs.

ORIGINAL: adkfreeridex

NEW YORK
max # of deer with proper permits in one hunting season 3, (2 bucks 1 doe, or 2 doe 1 buck)
Not exactly. In New York I shotgun and muzzleloader hunt and I can legally shoot 6 and that does not include bow hunting tags. 1 buck open season, 4 does all seasons, one either-or muzzleloader season. I know you can get another buck with a bow and I believe you get another doe tag as well. Like I said I don't bow hunt so I don't know for sure what tags you get with that. Where I live I get two doe tags when I get my license and I can get two more Nov. 1 if there are leftovers which there almost always are. This is in western NY just south of Rochester.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:42 PM

Down here in Georgia we're allowed 12; 10 antlerless and 2 antlered.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here in Kansas you get 1 buck either with gun or bow. you have to choose. I always get a buck tag for my bow. Usually 1 doe too but the last few years you could buy extra doe tags for 10$ each.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:28 PM

I live in North Alabama and in my county were allowed 49 doe days.During the doe days we can shoot 2 deer(1 buck and 1 doe or 2 doe).Our doe days started Nov. 20 and end Jan. 15.Not sure about bow season but I think it's hunters choice with same rules(1 buck and 1 doe or 2 doe).Oh,and their are no tags.
I did'nt realize how lucky I was to have regulations like this until I read on here about people using both their tags already.Basically I can shoot a deer almost anytime if I i'm capable of doing(which i'm not but I try).I guess you have to be pretty picky some places huh?
JE
Old 12-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Ohio 1 buck and 2 regular antlerless in zone c or 1 antlerless in zone b and 1 in c and 4 antlerless Urban tags
Old 12-19-2004, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

In WV, you can kill 10 total. 5 of them can be bucks. Talk about pathetic herd management.[:@]
Old 12-19-2004, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike01

Down here in Georgia we're allowed 12; 10 antlerless and 2 antlered.
If you include those you could take on WMA's the possible number really goes up. 100 WMA's, usually at least 2 hunts per WMA and usually 2 deer limit per hunt of either sex.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmor

NEW YORK
Not exactly. In New York I shotgun and muzzleloader hunt and I can legally shoot 6 and that does not include bow hunting tags. 1 buck open season, 4 does all seasons, one either-or muzzleloader season. I know you can get another buck with a bow and I believe you get another doe tag as well. Like I said I don't bow hunt so I don't know for sure what tags you get with that. Where I live I get two doe tags when I get my license and I can get two more Nov. 1 if there are leftovers which there almost always are. This is in western NY just south of Rochester.
And thats not true either like here im 4r and 4s you can only shoot a buck , there is no doe tags for here , u can shoot 1 buck with bow and 1 with rifle / muzzloader . it goes by wmu in ny so you can shoot 6 deer another county ccan only shoot one deer and on and on
Old 12-19-2004, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: buckmastr229

ORIGINAL: davidmor

NEW YORK
And thats not true either like here im 4r and 4s you can only shoot a buck , there is no doe tags for here , u can shoot 1 buck with bow and 1 with rifle / muzzloader . it goes by wmu in ny so you can shoot 6 deer another county ccan only shoot one deer and on and on
That is why I said "not exactly" and said where I hunt. Each WMU is different. Even the northern zone is different than the southern zone as far as regulations go. The original poster made a blanket statement for New York and I was trying to correct that. Also, In 4r and 4s you can shoot a doe if you get the DMP. I am looking at the DMP chance chart right now for this season and you had a 30% chance in 4R and 70% chance in 4S to draw a doe tag with no preference points. Both zones had no second doe tags. Yeah, 30% is a slim chance but that is not the same as "there is no doe tags for here". They are there, you just didn't draw one. According to the chart, there are only a few that don't have any doe tags.

Quick Reply: what are your state regs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.