Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What are processing prices in your area? >

What are processing prices in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are processing prices in your area?

Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What are processing prices in your area?

$65.00 no matter the size! All cuts, burger and wrapped!
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Spike

THE GUY I USED TO GO TO CHARGES $80.00 WE NOW BUTCHER OUR OWN.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:00 PM

In North Western Pa, I paid $40 for a basic cut freezer wrapped. The same cut at a butcher I use in the North eastern part of the state charges $75 but it is vacuum packed. ($65 for a yearling) I have paid as much as $270 at a real professional butcher shop near Allentown Pa, where they made the entire deer into specalties for me. Hot dogs, Italian sausage, Lebanon Bologna, and the like.. and before you ask, yes it was worth it, for the lebanon bologna alone!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

where they made the entire deer into specalties for me. Hot dogs, Italian sausage, Lebanon Bologna, and the like.. and before you ask, yes it was worth it, for the lebanon bologna alone!
I bet that does taste good.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:45 PM

Where I hunt in Western Maryland, the rate at the local butcher is $60 for basic processing (steaks, backstrap, burger), any size deer. The guy who runs it gives me heat every time I drop one off because he wants me to pick it up within a day after it's ready, but it's impossible for me to do that since I live two hours away...
This year I thought I'd be clever and use a processer near my house (about 1/2 hour north of Baltimore) and it was $90 for the same basic processing! [] Yikes! That's some expensive damn venison!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 PM

$.00 ,Zero, it's called a knife, ban saw, and very large bar fridge,lol
Old 12-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I pay a guy $80 to skin, mix hammburger, sausage, chop, steaks, sliced steak and all doubled paper wrap. I use to do my own for years but because of space and that now I can afford having someone else, I pay with a
Old 12-16-2004, 07:35 PM

deer skinned 15.00
Deer processed 50.00
Summer Sausage 30.00 pounds 52.50
Hot Links 30.00 pounds 60.00
Jerky 24.00 pounds 72.00

Gifts fo the family PRICELESS
Old 12-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have read some of these post's and you guy's in the East are sure missing out when it comes to hunting.
Some of the best parts of hunting is getting together with your buddies and wives and butchering your own game.
We usually turn on the football game, grab a few cold ones and start cutting. The wives usually package and label the cuts. We have the BBQ going and munch away as we work.
For the prices you guy's are paying at the butcher you could invest in a grinder, foodsaver,sausage stuffer and a butt load of spices to make your own sausage's.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:09 PM

Two places around here that I know of - one charges about $65, the other $79 for any deer

Quick Reply: What are processing prices in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.