Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too >

Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too

Old 12-15-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too

A link to a good article about the reintroduction of wolves to yellowstone :

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Dye...=328495&page=1
Old 12-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too

nice article, thanks for sharing!

jim
Old 12-15-2004, 06:51 PM

Thanks. I am waiting for issuance of wolf tags. They are ruining the West. We spent a century getting rid of these varmints, and now they have let them come back.

Montana, Idaho and Wyoming submitted wolf management plans that were very similar to each other - let the Park have 'em. When the wolves come off the Park - we shoot 'em. Good plan.

Needless to say it was turned down and court battles will be starting.

What a gold mine for the anti's. I un-joined the Elk Foundation because they will not take an anti-wolf stance. This is an anti-hunting initiative - a very brilliant one - that we need to fight. As I said in another thread - do not fear the anti's, but you cannot ignore them, either.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a very good twist to the re-introduction theory also. The tree- huggers and the beaurocrats in Washington should be held accountable for the extinction of a species. I am not for the wolf re-intoduction for variuos reasons, however they really screwed this one up. Idaho has always had a small population of grey wolves living in the more remote areas. Thanks to the infiltration of timber wolves into the native population of grey wolves. The original species that once roamed our woods, will now be bread out of existance. Lets give Washington DC and the do gooders a big round of applause.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jones123

Thanks. I am waiting for issuance of wolf tags. They are ruining the West. We spent a century getting rid of these varmints, and now they have let them come back.
they should be classified as big-headed coyotes
Old 12-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

no wolves down here in alabama. We have coyotes though.....they don't even come close to comparing
Old 12-16-2004, 04:11 PM

Stupid... Just trying to justify wolves. Personally i value our big game, and our animal herds more that i do about some damn beavers and insects.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing with us,good story![8D]
Old 12-16-2004, 07:32 PM

I think if it will fit on the bqq, and in season, shoot it. But if there is something out there that will mess up my hunting season, empty both clips, and hunt down the rest. That's just my 2 cents and 4 boxes of shells
Old 12-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have not seen a wolf in Texas for over 20 years. There used to be quite a few grey wolves northwest of Houston when I was a boy. In east Texas there were wolves that were red in color. I think the red wolf is nearly extinct now.

Quick Reply: Killing Wolves Kills Other Animals Too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.