Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting >

Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

Old 12-15-2004, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

I love taking pictures. Anything is subject to be in the lense of my (wife's)camera. It's just a little oh sony 3.1 megapixels.

Look, my 4 wheeler has a built in bush hawg.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I take all kinds of pictures while hunting. I am working on getting them all scanned onto my computer and want to put an online photoalbum together on my own site. I use the one time use cameras like Kodak, Fuji Film, etc. I would put a digital through too much abuse. I broke my mom's last year while ice fishing, actually, the COLD TEMPS BROKE THE LENSES IN THE CAMERA!!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Spike

Default RE:

Lately I've been taking my parents digital camera with 3x optical zoom out whenever I am scouting or hunting and take a ton of pics although most don't turn out to well. So I asked for a new digital camera for Christmas and am getting a Panasonic DMC-FZ1 with 12x optical zoom and image stabilization. I can't wait to go out and start getting some pics after Christmas and during the shed hunting season. I know that I will not be able to stop taking pictures and will probably fill up all my memory cards each time I am out.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

me and my cousin bring a video camera on our hunts...it actually helps us out. If a shot don't down a deer right away, we can replay the footage to make sure we got a good hit. If nothing else you learn from your own videos instead of tv
Old 12-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I usually take my video camera out opening weekend and film the rut. After the hunt everyone watches and sees whats out there. When two or three people do this it can be amusing to sometimes see the same deer in three different places in one morning. It is a great tool to learn age and sizing so that everyone is on the same page as to what a shooter is and isn't. My camera cost me a shot at two shooters opening day 4 years ago. I picked the best one and went back out that afternoon with high hopes. I never saw either deer again all season long. No one else on the lease did either.