Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I Can't Believe THIS !!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I Can't Believe THIS !!!!

2 for 1 special! The little ones taste awesome and you saved a bullet but still reached your goal of 2 doe's! Not a bad day if you ask me! Congrats! In the future be sure of your target and beyond! A pass through is always possible so look beyond your target and make sure the coast is clear! Good luck and congrats again! ... Jim
Old 12-12-2004, 04:45 PM

I have to agree with jerseyjim, could have been worse! congrats on your double kill.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:15 PM

Pfft, if I did that and had two tags i'd be out there bragging not feeling sorry about it lol.

Congrats on the double kill.

I'm not sure how you guys feel about this, but we hunt till the tags are filled. Who shoots the deer isn't much of an issue with us, for instance Saturday my uncle killed two doe so he tagged one and my dad did. We were hunting on land owned by a friend of my dads and he gave us specific instructions to kill anything that was crippled. One of the doe had a huge front knee and the other had an infection in the front leg so its probably that neither of them would survive the winter anyways. Of course we all have cell phones so we keep updated on the deer killed so we never go over the limit or anything. Personally I've never killed more than what I could tag but years ago(probably atleast 10 or more years) my dad let loose on 4 doe that were walking together. He hit 3 in the heart and one in the ass which they tracked and killed. This was before my time in the woods so i've only heard the stories of it but I take pride in the fact that he was able to do that. Other people may feel differently but if you have the tags then theres no shame in filling them.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:57 PM

my dad did the same thing and didnt even know until he walked up on her did he see the little one- as long as it was quick- take the applause good job
Old 12-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I Can't Believe THIS !!

Well if you say ur buck to doe ratio is a ridiculous 14 to 1.....maybe u need to start shooting more fawns
Old 12-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can not help everthing. Do not feel bad, go after the buck now, you have your 2 does!!