Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Cant believe this location, big bucks >

Cant believe this location, big bucks

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cant believe this location, big bucks

Old 12-11-2004, 07:34 AM

Default RE: Cant believe this location, big bucks

Muley, you just dont get it do you, I did not have a marginal shot, it was a clear shot, I goofed it. so put down your pompous attitude about marginal shots. YOU WERENT THERE NOW WERE YOU. Listen to all the other posts, you sound like you are better then everyone in this debate because you would have ended your season on a missed place shot. Now thats fine for you but this is what hunting is all about.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:26 PM

Your right twong, I don't get it. I don't get what inspire's folks to get on these boards and post that they wounded an animal, and frankly, I never will. I'm also tired of argueing this subject on these boards, so you take the last word and will call it that.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

I think when someone posts that they have wounded an Animal it takes some balls to admit that they screwed up!!! Everyone makes mistakes, lay off the poor guy, no one was there so no one understands the circumstances. He also stated that he has seen the deer again and its doing fine. So if people would just chill out and offer Constructive Criticism instead of tearing down the dude it would be better. I'm sure probably 90% of the hunters on this board have wounded deer, or takin Marginal shots that worked out well but had potential for disaster. In all guys just calm down, if you're sick of reading and seeing the posts Close ur eyes[:-]
Old 12-11-2004, 11:53 PM

I think when someone posts that they have wounded an Animal it takes some balls to admit that they screwed up!!! Everyone makes mistakes, lay off the poor guy, no one was there so no one understands the circumstances. He also stated that he has seen the deer again and its doing fine. So if people would just chill out and offer Constructive Criticism instead of tearing down the dude it would be better. I'm sure probably 90% of the hunters on this board have wounded deer, or takin Marginal shots that worked out well but had potential for disaster. In all guys just calm down, if you're sick of reading and seeing the posts Close ur eyes
Did you read the initial post? His headline was "Cant believe this location, big bucks" Now what in that headline would lead one to believe it was about a wounded animal. The poster casually mentions that he wounded a huge 12 point then goes on to yap about this location, not once expressing even an inkling of remorse about his ill taken shot. He then back pedals and says it was a superficial wound, then back pedals and claims he saw it again. He offers up buck fever, and a couple other excuses why he missed/wounded the animal. Then he starts babeling about "Montana" hunters think they're superior etc. No where in the iniatial post was I lead to believe that he gave two craps about wounding a deer. For those of you who say "everybody wounds animals" I agree, but that still doesn't make it right, or justifiable. My over riding concern, however, is why post you wounded an animal? What value does that post have? I don't think anyone should post they wounded an animal, its bad taste, bad for the sport, and bad for this board. I also don't think it takes "balls" to make that kind of post. This is the internet, nobody knows any body else, so where does the balls part come in? You guys can rip me if you chose, but my mind has been made up on this issue.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't agree with you guys blasting a guy for hitting a deer that he didn't find. Obviously, he didn't intentionally maim it, or make a half-hearted effort at shooting it.

Hey, if you're so hell-bent on making perfect shots and never missing anything, that's your prerogative. Not everybody has time/resources to spend hours at the range and conducting real-life hunting scenarios for practice.

Maybe you guys should try out for Buckmasters, and leave Twong-on alone.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Yea Muley...Get your panties out of a twist and lighten up..Maybe someone on gods green earth just isn't as perfect as you, he screwed up he knows it..he looked for the animal and he did what he could do. POINT AND CASE
Old 12-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

We all have lost animals, it happens.
Speak for yourself!

43 deer shot and 43 recovered!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:09 AM

Kinda leaning towards Muley and Browning here fellas.
1. i didn't see any remorse in the intial post.
2. I've hunted birds in MT and found that most of the deer hunters I met out there were no different than the ones I've met anywhere else. They didn't act superior to me.
3. We don't hunt to wound...do we?
4.Practice Practice Practice. We have obligations to the animals we hunt to take them humanely. Not saying you won't ever wound an animal but that is not the plan and
PROPER PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE. If we get too casual with the stories about wounding game, all the more support we lend anti-hunters. At least show some remorse.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Cant believe this location, big bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.