Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Theif

Old 12-09-2004, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Deer Theif

Hope this dont discourage her from hunting we need all the hunters we can get
Old 12-09-2004, 06:20 PM

As bad as Wolfram's inaugural hunting season turned out, things weren't that awful, her mother said. The wound to the deer's hindquarter limited the amount of meat on the animal, she said. The rack also wasn't that great.
That sucks, but THAT statement from her mother REALLY bothers me, what in the HELL was her mother thinking? Not that big of a loss???? It was her first deer, and a buck no less, and "the rack wasn't that great"??? I have one word to describe that woman, but I am going to refrain from typing it, that infuriates me. Her daughter cried for two freaking hours and her mother says it's not a great big loss? Loser.

I would love to see her shoot a nice 12 pointer and see her reaction when it's stolen... Nice mom... real nice.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with you buck hunitn girl....if that were my child or even a siblin' i would of freaked......how could she say that.....

i hope this drives her to hunt even more, i hope she'd be able to get a copy of her H.L. , so she'll be able to hunt....poor girl.....so sad.
my sister shot her first buck a few years ago, one of the neighboring guys drove by on his fenceline, he knew where we were it would take a good 2 plus hours to get back to the check station...he stopped and offered to drive it around for us...we didn't know him at the time, but she trusted him enough to take her deer to the check station....it was there when we got there[8D].....i don't know if i would of done it if i were her, that first deer is special no matter what....restored my faith in people bigtime, i will be tellin' that story for years to come.....it's ashame that people are so cruel....but there are alot of good people out there still....
Old 12-09-2004, 06:54 PM

Something similar to this happened to my ex years ago. She was coming home from x-mas shopping and hit a deer with her mother's car. A passing trucker reported it to the local police via CB radio and the officer told them to go to the local convience store to fill out the paper, as it was below zero out. When they drove back out to find the deer, it was missing, the officer accused my ex of trying to collect insurance money for hitting something else, but upon looking the scene over, someone drove into the ditch and loaded the deer into their pickup and drove off. All I got out of it was a midnight 25 mile drive in sub zero weather.
On brighter note my group had a 13yr old girl get her first deer this year.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:38 AM

Yeah the mom wasnt very helpful. Also her tag was still on the deer so now she cant shoot another buck even if she saw one. I hope it is returned but if not her dad and uncle both shot a deer and they hopefully will share

Tim
Old 12-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

she had last pet her prize buck.
Did she think of it as losing a pet, or what??!!