Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opinions On Tree Climber?

Old 12-08-2004, 10:38 PM

Default RE: Opinions On Tree Climber?

I have the viper x4 as well. I'm new to hunting (started 2 years ago) and this is my first tree stand. I felt pretty comfortable using it by my 2nd climb (20' up). Watch the DVD that comes with it and you'll do great. The bar is definitley a big plus, makes it so much easier to climb because you can sit on it. If you position it correctly you can sit in it all day, it's very comfortable.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:46 AM

I have an Ol'Man and don't really care for it. The biggest problem is the seat. It has this netting type seat and every time you stand up it slides back. Then you have to readjust it to get comfortable.

I'll be getting rid of it soon and replacing it with a Summit.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go with the Summit Viper, you won't be disappointed., If you are bigger than average, try the Viper Goliath, its the same stand but just a bit larger.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto on the comments about the Summit Viper X4. I have one and love it! Lightest, quietest, simple to use, etc...etc... You can't go wrong! [8D]

Butch A.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:04 AM

API gets my vote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:19 AM

I got this one (MAGNUM) ....little heaver but none sturdier/ safer IMO.

http://www.buckshot-stands.com/
Old 12-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have a viper x4 and my borther in law has a cobra x4 . His is more difficult to pack up and a bit heaver the only good thing about the cobra is it has a removable front bar. I love my viper.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:20 AM

N/T
Old 12-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

I am a Lone Wolf fan...pricey though.

From your choices I would definately pick one from the Summit lineup. Personally I would not pick a Hunters View or Ameristep stand...made in China.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Hunters View and it has worked well for me. Some things that I like are: the seat is comfortable, platform is large enough, has a attachable shooting rail. Now for what I would change: I would buy a tree climber with chains for climbing ( looks similiar to a bicycle chain) instead of a heavy wire. I used a buddies stand that has the chain and it seems to climb easier and grip better without slipping, like mine does on certain trees.

Quick Reply: Opinions On Tree Climber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.