Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 "Something moved...and he fired." >

"Something moved...and he fired."

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"Something moved...and he fired."

Old 12-07-2004, 11:33 AM

Default RE: "Something moved...and he fired."

How awful, My prayers are with all involved.
We as hunters can't stress safety enough. Be active...whether its working with a local hunter safety program or intervening with someones personal business if you know they allow youngsters to hunt alone. Heck if the neighborhood kids are mishandling BB guns get involved and be heard. No sense in letting bad habits form at early ages. Bad enough that movies and video games highlight shoot-outs which is different than a hunting accident but still shows our youth a fuzzy line when it comes to firearm safety.
Again My prayers are with all.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really breaks my hart to here something like that. My hart go`s out to that family.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:23 PM

this is an awful event, but hunter education or not, where are the parents. In NH 11 year old cant hunt with an adult with them. maybe there should be that law where ever this happened. I am a fneral direct and my heart goes out to their families
Old 12-07-2004, 03:26 PM

i cant imagine how that must feel
Old 12-07-2004, 05:12 PM

Wow this is too bad. I had been told the first time i even picked up a BB to always ID what i was shooting at. I think this situation involves a lack of parental involvement. Sure, hunters safety could have helped. But if the parent was respsonible, they wouldnt let their kid be out with a couple of 5th graders deer hunting. There wasn't a whole lot i learned in hunters safety to tell the truth. my dad taught me all of it before i could deer and turkey hunt. his dad did the same. thats way i think our group has never had an accident. hunters safety has helped a ton, but therse just some things that hunters safety can't do, like babysit immature kids that should not be out in teh woods alone, much less with other younger kids.

slayer
Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that that young man has a strong family and friend network. He's going to need all the support imaginable. I can't fathom carrying that weight around myself. Prayers are in order for the entire family.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a chill from just seeing the subject before I even read Todd's account. This is tragic and must be horrible on the family. My prayers are with them.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:48 AM

I'm not the "crying" type of guy but that article brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. That's a darn shame but bringing charges against these folks isn't going to do anything. Living with the tragedy is punishment enough
Old 12-10-2004, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

THat is sad, really sad. IMO kids shouldnt rifle hunt till they are 14.especially by themselves.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:45 AM

Sad. There are always what if's. Do you think he would have shot if a more seasoned hunter was there ? Even if something moves most guys I know make sure of what it is before they shoot. Someone should have been right next to that kid while he was hunting. Cant blame the child , he is going to have it rough knowing he killed his brother. My prayers go out to the family.

Quick Reply: "Something moved...and he fired."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.