Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!! >

I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Old 12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

OK.. I know alot of you will write this off as a joke, but I am not laughing & I know what I saw. I was deer hunting in Central Alabama Sunday morning. It was drizzling rain & I had seen no deer, when I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. My brain automatically assumes it's a young deer because of the size. I ease my head around & realize I am now whatching what appears to be a world record bobcat walking toward me at 30 yards. This thing weighed every bit of 50 pounds. Suddenly, it pounces in 2 giant hops to his left & then 2 more back in the brush where it had appeared & I never saw it again. Now the kicker... this cat had a long tail! I could see some faded markings, almost like a bobcat, but the body was too long for a bobcat. I have done a little research & I know cougar cubs have very destinct markings until they reach around a year old (when they gain the popular champaign color). I believe, unless someone convinces me otherwise, that I saw an adolesent cougar. Again, I hunt in Central Alabama. I've always heard we had long-tails around, but never believed it until now. I think I might know now why the hair stands up on the back of my neck sometimes when I'm out there. Can anyone help me out here?
Old 12-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Which county? I live in Randolph County and hunt there and also Chambers County on the East Central side of the state.
Scott Woody
Old 12-06-2004, 05:34 PM

a rare sighting ,but not unheard of.The wildlife folks have been up to alot of covert operations that i am not at liberty to talk about,but the ever growing deer population has alot to do with what you seen.So the next time you feel like something is watching you there might be.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I was in Greene County...
Old 12-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

We had some good footprints in soft clay a couple of years ago in Pike county that the G&F department biologist said were of a cougar.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:34 PM

i seen a boogie but it sure wasnt a man hehe
Old 12-06-2004, 09:17 PM

we think there are 3 different familys of cougars in south central minn, northern iowa, heard rumors of a cow kill by sherburn Mn.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

but its not that thing a chupraooweee or what ever - sea has a picture of--that- needs ta have an ambush makeover---pugfugly scary mofo- i sure hope thats not what ya saw man [:'(][][:@][:-] --oh wait a minute-[>:]- thats my ex mother-in-law but named blood sucker? no thats her daughter
Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM

This might sound strange but I saw an animal very close to the one you described. Saw it during spring gobbler season in southwest PA. Too big to be a bobcat and too dark to be a mountain lion. Had the long tail.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm looking for a boogie women. Anything possible today the way people are playing around with animal genes
Old 12-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

jhalfhill,

Did your cat have a grey tint to it with markings?

Quick Reply: I saw the Boogie Man!! Now I'm scared to Death!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.