HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My Biggest buck (PICS INCLUDED) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/81539-my-biggest-buck-pics-included.html)

Medic 12-05-2004 04:56 PM

My Biggest buck (PICS INCLUDED)

Well I hope you all like stories as much as I do because I have one.

Lets see, where should I start? Ok A little setup. Opening day of smoke pole season in NY, Oct.16. Got to my buddies house, where we gather, at 5:30am. I have a stand set up that I call my honey hole but for some reason I got a bug in my but and went to a spot that I had never seen a deer go by before. To this day I can not figure out why I went there. Well any way got out of my truck and kicked some deer. Great start! So I move slow to my spot, and half way there I kick another deer. So right now all my hops are in the toilet, but I continue to me rock. I get there about 6:45am and get comfy, because I aint expecting anything. 20 after 7 am I here a crack behind me. I slowly turn around and HOLLY CRAP!!!!! Here he comes right up the hill. Head down and looking motivated, the biggest deer I have ever seen in the woods. Then he stops at about 80 yards and turns to my right, and starts to head toward a ravine. Now if I forgot to mention I am in hardwoods and not to many shooting lanes at 80 yards. Well God was with me and he stooped in a small opening, and I pulled the trigger. As the smoke cleared I saw him walk a few more steps forward,turn, then trot away from me out of site. He was not running, or limping, he just looked confused, as if he knew something was bad and had to go. He disappeared back down the hill out onsite and I swore I herd a crash a few seconds later. That is when the radio starts. "Well did you get something?" " Did you hit it?" "What Was it?" etc. etc. etc. Well I don't know. I had the hairs right behind the shoulder, but he did not look hit when he left. I started to go look for blood or hair and remembered I had to reload, just incase. When I got to where I thought he was, NOTHING!!! Not A HAIR, BLOOD, NOTHING !! I So I figured I went to the wrong spot. Back up the hill I went. looked and back down. Still nothing. Up and down that hill for 2 hours I went. Still Nothing!! I finally thought well maybe he went down the ravine. So I walked along the edge for a while and nothing. I turned around to head back up the hill and 10 yards from me was a Big Lump of brown. That Buck was right there!!! I have never Felt so good, aside from my kids being born healthy. He had his antlers hooked on a tree and there was not a spot of white showing. I looked from where he was and not much blood from where he fell to where he was when I shot him. WOW!! What a relief!!! He had only gone about 60 yards but I could not see him.

My buddy told me It sounded like you were about to cry on the radio. I told him I was, when I could not find my buck.

It dressed out at 223lbs By the way..

nosfedgta 12-05-2004 05:01 PM

RE: My Biggest buck

congrats thats a nice buck!!!!!! I used to live in orange county ny.. In Goshen to be exact... Congrats again!

JimboHunter1 12-05-2004 05:22 PM

Congrats Medic, but I don't see your pics.

Medic 12-05-2004 05:28 PM

I think I fixed it

Pa Trophy Man 12-05-2004 05:32 PM

congrats on a nice buck.

JerseyJim 12-05-2004 05:49 PM

Congrats!!!!!! Good looking buck! Thanks for sharing the story as well! Great pick with the little guy enjoying the moment!

PositiveBo 12-05-2004 07:44 PM

Grats! ;)

Texas Hunter 12-05-2004 08:00 PM

RE: My Biggest buck (PICS INCLUDED)

Great story and buck, congrats

m.t.hands 12-05-2004 10:39 PM

nice one medic, btw nice young un there also, nothing like keeping the tradition going, oh yea welcome to the site

cardeer 12-06-2004 01:45 AM

Nice ride them cowboy