Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question, What are your thoughts of  peeing around your deer stands, while hunting >

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

Old 12-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

not a problem. I have heard/read that urine is urine. For the most part, deer pee, dog pee, human pee, etc. is made of the same chemicals and therefore has similar odor. I will generally scape an area and pee and then cover it up, just to help mask and "off" odor. I pee'd 3 times at my ground blind in the past 2 weeks and there are track right next to it (10 feet). Don't think there is anything to worry about.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question, What are your thoughts of peeing around your deer stands, while hunting

I say the same thing, urine is urine. I must have a small bladder because I pee more then anyone I know. I must pee twice before lunch and a couple times after lunch. I see alot of deer and at close range, from the ground.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 AM

This is all good information to know, because I have been pondering the question of peein in the woods. I feel a bit better about watering the ol' dog now.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:35 PM

BETTER TO SMELL THINGS UP THAN TO BUST A BLADDER OR PEE IN YOUR PANTS........... I LET IT FLY WHERE EVER AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A DEER RUN FROM THE SMELL, I HAVE SEEN THEM ACTUALLY COME TO IT AND TAKE A WIFF
Old 12-10-2004, 11:40 PM

Let her rip, because, for so many times, just after and sometimes durning,lol. they just show up. and sometimes they come because of a new smell.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:19 PM

Go right ahead. Urine is urine. My experience is that it actually makes them curious.

Deadsmple