Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang >

Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Old 12-28-2004, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

ks hunter-here ya go

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...?storyid=72840

tend to over hunt,overfish and trespass-no law limits in laos so they think they can do it here..
personal experience
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't generalize because I haven't had that much exposure to the Hmongs, but I can tell you my experience from when my dad and I were fishing at a local pond around Milwaukee for trout.
My dad and I were standing maybe 10', at the most 15' apart and we started catching some trout. All of a sudden, one of the Hmongs comes and plants himself right in between us and he starts fishing. After he had caught a fish, one of his relatives comes over and gets between us also. Now picture this, 4 people fishing within a 15' span max. We were literally elbow to elbow and there was no one else with 50' of us. Just the fact that we were catching fish, they decided that they were going to come and horn in on our action.
Well, they were not speaking in English when they were talking to each other, so I figured saying anything to them would fall upon deaf ears, so my dad and I picked up and moved a little ways away.
We saw some other people come and fish about 50' from them and the minute the other people started catching a few fish, guess what, these two picked up their things and went over right between the other two fisherman and proceeded to do the same thing they did to my Dad and I.
It just seems that they have no shame, sense of ethics or qualms of that if there is something to be had, they are going to butt in and grab it, not worrying about what other people think. I think that is why they are gettig the reputation that they are acquiring.

BTW, after a while, they did catch over their legal limit and someone must have called the police or the DNR and they were ticketed for exceeding the limit.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM

Same experience here in MN with myself and many others also onebullet. In many parts of the state also.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:20 PM

that pretty much nailed it on the head-ss and they do that on purpose they want you to leave, happens far more than people think

but you have to stand your ground,---- and dont be fooled they speak english ,

i have worked with my share of them -they want to intimidate you and make ya move

alot of them think they are smarter and better than us ..no kidden--because their culture is older than ours-how about those apples-?
i yell at em and tell em i was here first, beat it and when they ignore me i tell em to "get the fu_ _ out "in their own langauge-" taught to me by the few good ones i know and there are good ones too

in extreme cases i say
" i dinky dow G.I boo coo die" then they leave altoghether ---- funny how they understood that --------------------------and i do carry a conceled weapon while fishing --sad huh? gotta be carefull of them killer bullheads

its a game with them to see how far they can push before someone stops them
and they have admitted it to me- "your dnr stupid never catch me" ---- tougher laws i say

ps
just got done talking with my wife on the phone and she told me the govenment is going to make phillipine nurses wait 4 years to get a visa and hmoung come in by the thousands with no problem -most unskilled- what is going on in this country is sad and stupid

tell your stories-- people from Mn. and Wisc.-- help inform and educate
Old 12-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just read the story and Vang said they shot first . What get's me is that What did they think he would say . As soon as these people claim that you discriminated them ,then they have more right's than you do {And this is your country } isn't that a joke. I just can't believe that your average hunter or his group would just open fire on anyone ,what a crock.

nubo
Old 12-28-2004, 04:48 PM

Why are the hmongs congregated around the upper states?Where are they coming into the US from?Canada I bet...Yeah I said it!
Old 12-28-2004, 05:46 PM

no straight from laos, thailand, you name it- by groups up here- bleeding heart libs and the like .

thousands at a time--- crazy huh? if i can find the story i will put a link here

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...oryid=72840--- read 2nd paragraph
Old 12-28-2004, 08:01 PM

I've been forwarned about hunting public land near the metro so I don't do it but have heard horror stories about bow hunters getting shot at by Hmong squirrel hunters. I fish down by the Mississippi sometimes and they keep everything they catch and I do mean EVERYTHING, be it a 6oz catfish or a 20lb carp it goes right in the pail. I guess the DNR are trying to get the message across about mercury levels in the river because these fisherman are bringing those 20lb carp home and feeding their pregnant wife 5 times a week with them.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: PikeTipper

I've been forwarned about hunting public land near the metro so I don't do it but have heard horror stories about bow hunters getting shot at by Hmong squirrel hunters. I fish down by the Mississippi sometimes and they keep everything they catch and I do mean EVERYTHING, be it a 6oz catfish or a 20lb carp it goes right in the pail. I guess the DNR are trying to get the message across about mercury levels in the river because these fisherman are bringing those 20lb carp home and feeding their pregnant wife 5 times a week with them.
yes EVERYTHING is kept

but DONT be scared of em its a bully tactic- read above
-
if i am shot at-( a scare tactic)- while in a WMA that my dollars support I'm shooting back and stalking their ass's just like bang bang vang did --I WILL NOT be bullied by scare tactics- to leave my huntin or fishin ground------ CAN THEY HEAR ME NOW???????GOOD!!!!!!
================================================

CON- vang has opened a lot of eyes because of his actions
which will keep the safety off when encountering hmoung (choke) hunters -
--oooo there 's a touch of reality-- at least people round Mn. and Wisc will have it cross their mind.......

PRO- but it is also uncovering a lot of light on the attitude of the B.O.'s
(I will refer to the BAD ONES as " B.O's" from here) because their are good ones too!!!!!
================================================== ========

(the " WORD"):
and after everyone is educated to the unacceptable behavior of the B.O.'s, the more B.Os are going to be turned in to game officials - and the less B.O.'s to deal with because" WORD" got out to the other B.O.'s that we are tired of it! and will turn them in--"-WORD"

wazup -WORD-thazup
================================================== ====
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"death the ultimate alarm clock------ it wakes you up"
thanks vangy boy for enlightening so many
Old 12-29-2004, 06:23 AM

Piketipper,

All I have to say is go to many, many different metro lakes in the summer and check out any bridge over pass, public dock and things of the sort. At any time, you will find many, many "Asian Americans"() fishing from shore. Just keep a tab on how many fish and the size of fish that they keep. I can bet you my paycheck they will have more fish than they should. And on those lakes where there's a slot limit!! LOL That doesn't matter to them. I know this type of crap happens all the time with them. Just ask around. They just don't care about game laws.

Quick Reply: Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.