Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang >

Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Old 12-04-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

I heard from a game warden the other day that during the investigation of Chai Vang, the guy who killed 6 men here in Wisconsin, they found ties to this area. Turns out he camped in Yellow River State Forest in Iowa, which is maybe a 1/2 mile from our 640 acres there. We've found campfires from Hmong hunters on our land, and our neighbors have caught them tresspassing. The game warden also said they caughta Hmong hunter with 30 squirrels. Things like that get you thinking..I mean, it could have been ME he snapped on someday i was out hunting instead of 8 people in Northern Wisconsin. I'm not saying the Hmong's are bad people, but the game wardens continually catch them overbagging adn tresspassing. they'll confiscate their guns and they'll be back the next week with new guns. i guess they bring them in on buses. drop them off and pickthem up later. i just think its crazy that a month ago when i was out huntingn on my land that Chai Vang could have been in my vicinty. I know its given me a different outlook on confronting tresspassers and wearing plenty of orange.

slayer
Old 12-04-2004, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Bad hunters are every where! Be carefull!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:54 PM

deerslayer we have the same problem in southern minn too, no respect for laws concerning wild game because they had unregulated hunting and fishing in laos and wont abide by them here, it is all about how they taught and what they taught the children has spilled over into our country--- ethics which dont seem to co-exist very well with our own[>:]
---------
there is no doubt vangs actions will effect many people -but we also have to keep a cool head about hunting----NO DEER IS WORTH A HUMAN LIFE no way no how !!! and if anyone of you dissagree you have NO bussiness with a gun in your hand in the woods in the first place. i wish someone would have said this to vang years ago--but they didnt...so we must..
ALL hunters should shout this as a battle cry-NO deer is worth a human life....
Old 12-27-2004, 08:50 PM

If you aint from the USA then get the hell out.....
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM

We have the same problem in southwest wisconsin. A guy who hunts the same land as use found some of them and they had like 15 squirrls cooking hole. They just throw them in the fire and than pull them out and eat um. The do the same with crows too.

Scary, but if i run into one of um, i am turning the other way, with a little more speed in my step.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you aint from the USA then get the hell out.....
You must be a Indian right?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup Charlie, Jones ignorance is shining pretty bright. Definately not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Unce Matt (in IL)
Old 12-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

His next statement will proably be "if my brother and sister get divorced will they still be related?"
Old 12-28-2004, 12:32 PM

My buddy lives down by Houston and his land is very close to Whitewater in SE MN. He and his neighbors constantly has problems with Hmong tresspassing all over their land shooting everything from squirrels, bluejays, robins...pretty much everything they see. They will just park their trucks and just start walking in one direction until it gets dark and just camp where ever they are. Doesn't matter whose land it is. They(and yes I'm generalizing cause most all of them do it) shoot everything and anything they see and walk where ever they like. It happens down there and on state land not far from me. You don't even want to be close to that state land when they are out there hunting. .22 bullets flying every where. If you think I'm exagerating....I dare you to come and try to sit in a bow stand on land next to it or even on the state land. I'll set you up and see what happens, but I'm out of there way before first light.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmong hunters
I've been hearing a lot about them, but don't really know much about them. Can anybody elaborate on the group? Thanks

Quick Reply: Interesting tie to this area and Chai Vang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.