Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wives hunting with husband

Old 12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wives hunting with husband

No question or complaints here...just a statement. A month or so ago, someone posted that they wouldn't want to take their wife out with the "guys" hunting. "It's a mans sport anyway". I invited my wife out for late muzzleloader season in two weeks. She agreed to go and wants some range time to ensure she's confident with my .45 cal. Having said that, she feels bad that there would only be one gun between us and didn't want to shortchange me with her having the gun. So, today I got my Christmas present...the Optima I've been wanting. She said this would make things right. It was the last Optima the store had! Thanks again whoever you are because that might have been the gun YOU were getting for Christmas, but haven't yet because your wife is in no hurry because she isn't included!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:44 PM

Default RE: wives hunting with husband

You're a lucky man. I would have the same problem if my wife went, only one gun. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll invite her to go hunting and she'll buy me another gun. Good luck with your hunt.

Steve
Old 12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

My wife deer hunts with me....She enjoys it alot...She just doesn't have patience for when she sits in the stand for 3 hours and only sees a couple squirrels...
Old 12-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

COOL
Old 12-03-2004, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: WV_Coalminer

You're a lucky man. I would have the same problem if my wife went, only one gun. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll invite her to go hunting and she'll buy me another gun. Good luck with your hunt.

Steve

Well, I asked her to go hunting. She said she would but she doesn't want to shoot, she just wants to be my lookout. I guess I'm out a gun but I gained a spotter. I was actually surprised she even wanted to go. I'll probably end up buying her a gun.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey WV,
This could still work in your favor. Buy her a gun you want too.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:01 PM

There are days when I take my husband hunting with me. Actually I spend more time in the woods than he does. About 50% of my time hunting is spent by myself. I hope your wife loves the present and puts it to good use.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:56 PM

Good luck on your wifes hunt . Good to get the family out . Well be careful.

later , hunter cameron
Old 12-03-2004, 09:17 PM

Well, good for her, I go out with my boyfriend and we take turns with the gun... I shot a buck, then he shot a doe, then tomorrow I will shoot a doe (I'm a little self-assured, eh?), then Sunday he can shoot a buck... see it works well that way
Old 12-03-2004, 09:23 PM

She doesn't want to shoot. I have a 12 ga. pump and shooting slugs. Last time she shot it she got a bruise on her shoulder. Maybe she'll catch the fever once we're out there. You're lucky to be able to hunt on Sun. Our last day according to the DNR is Sunday but you're not aloud to hunt on Sunday in WV so our last day is Saturday.
Good luck Saturday and Sunday[:-]

Steve

Quick Reply: wives hunting with husband

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.