Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck? >

Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

Old 12-03-2004, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

do not strap it on hood as bob h sez bad things happen to the meat from the heat of the engine, normal plastic in a trunk, or on the trunk, but those carriers that go in the trailer hitch,does EXHAUST gases mean anything look where the tailpipe comes out
Old 12-03-2004, 04:18 PM

I know you guys usually just drag your came out of the field to the truck and load it up whole; however if you have a nice car and still want to hunt, then "think outside of the box." Just quarter 'em, put'em in game bags, and lay the quarters on plastic inside your car.

We killed 6 elk this year, quartered them all, and then hauled them out on horseback (in panniers) 4 miles to the trail head. Once we got to the trail head the quarters all rode to the main camp in the back (inside) of my Expedition (lined with plastic). Kept the meat nice and clean from the elements and my Expedition was none the worse for wear. We butchered them all in camp the next day and everyone took their share of the frozen meat home with them after we packed up camp and went our separate ways. Works for elk, would be waaay easy for deer.

EKM
Old 12-03-2004, 05:14 PM

Better keep it off the hood. No meat should be cooked until it is correctly aged and butchered. Try the trunk tie down if you must or give up and get a truck - what the heck are you doin' without a truck, man?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Please think of the reaction anti-hunters and treehuggers have when they see deer tied on the trunk or hood. Do not give them fodder for their cause. These activists have aligned themselves against us and we should try to present a favorable image when entering and leaving our hunting haunts.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Captainalivenwell
what the heck are you doin' without a truck, man?
Untill a few months ago I always had one. I did not realize how much I'd miss it. My friend that I hunt with bought my Sonoma that I had for 9 years.

I miss my red truck
Old 12-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw some dude have his deer int the back seat of his car with the legs sticking up, couldn't believe it! That car probably still reeks![8D]
Old 12-03-2004, 06:16 PM

good point uncle B
Old 12-03-2004, 07:16 PM

You could always do the "Black Sheep" thing and put it in the back seat.
Uhh, Quack Addict, I hate to be a pest but that wasn't Black Sheep, that was Tommy Boy. I'm a bit of a Chris Farley freak... My dog's even named "Farley". [8D]
Old 12-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I currently dont have a truck either. I have put several deer in the trunk of my car. I have a 01 Subaru Impreza with all kinds of mods on it including $2000.00 custom wheels and tires. I just put a tarp in the trunk to cover the carpet and put em in there. Its really funny when people this little tuner car that looks like it came from the fast and the furious pull up with blood running down the back bumper and a deer in the trunk. Oh well i love my car and i love to hunt so what you gonna do. Never put on the trunk or hood though since the car is white and looks good i dont want to screw up the outside.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:34 PM

I've brought home a truck without a deer.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.