Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck? >

Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Anyone ever have to bring a deer home with out a truck?

last year there was a picture floating around here ...it was a guy on a bike hauling a deer down the hiway. if anyone has it they should re-post it ...it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and am convinced that it is, in fact, the ultimate hunting vehicle. The key is getting the deer to the car before rigor mortis sets in. This is only a factor if the deer is really big - small ones just fit right in anyway. Saw the legs off below the knee for extra space. The butcher just cuts them off anyway.

I simply flop the seat forward, lay out a tarp, and throw him in the hatchback with my treestand slid to the front of the car.

Also a plus is that you don't have people galking at you, trying to check out your deer and naggin' you about it.

All my friends "need" big gas-guzzler trucks for huntin. I usually bump into 'em at the check station or the gas station. I think it's more little-man syndrome than necessity.

At 32 MPG and all the space needed for 1-2 hunters, stands and deer, there is no finer.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Man I hear you quiksliver! I live in MT and my hunting rig is a Geo Metro. It does really well at the gas pump, and lets me hunt anywhere in this state without even factoring fuel costs into the equation. I have taken out 3 different elk, and many deer and antelope clear across the state. An elk in a Geo, now there's a picture! The key is that you quarter it first. In fact, I have gotten into the habit of just quartering everything as it lays, I haven't brought out a whole deer in 4 years. I love the looks I get when somebody realizes I've got my car jammed full of animal parts.

P.S. Racks look bigger in a Geo!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

a freind of mine bow hunts witha moutian bike and one of those kid trailers for it he uses the 2 wheel trailer to pull his deer with it works well and hes not too far from camp so its not a long ride
Old 12-13-2004, 08:23 PM

yah, i had to twice this year, and my friend and i had to last year. just put a tarp down in the trunk and wrapped it in there, and my friend had old carpet in his trunk so we just put it on there. works pretty slick if you dont have a truck to put them in.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:58 PM

I shoved my 1st buck, an 8pt , into a 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle. Front seat passenger side. I had no Knife , so I took him to where my Brother worked, the local SPCA, gutted him in the back lot .
Old 12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

I used to put deer in my 1979 Lincoln Continental Town Car. You could fit 3 or 4 full grown deer or a half dozen human bodies in that trunk.

This past November I tried loading a good-sized doe into the back of my pick-up. I thought I could load it by myself, but the dang tailgate is nearly chest high on me. (Chevy 2500HD) I tried and tried for a half hour. I got hoofed and nosed and covered in deer goo... and eventually had to call for help.
I was sooo sore the next day.

The doe that almost killed me.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:22 PM

Wow that is a whopper doe !
Old 12-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aminita, either you're only 4'-5" tall or that is one heck of a doe !!!!
What did that dress out at, at least 150# ???