Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer hanging rack

Old 12-02-2004, 06:31 PM

Default deer hanging rack

I'm looking for a nice hanging rack where I can weigh, skin, and quarter my deer without having to throw a rope over a tree limb. I want one that has a crank on it and can hold 2 or 3 deer at a time. I have one of the ones that plugs into a hitch on the back of my truck but i want something more permanent. Anyone know where to look?

Thanks,
Ross
Old 12-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer hanging rack

Souds like you need to build something yourself. Maybe a boat winch with the strap and a pully from your garage ceiling. Wow 3 deer at a time, you'll have to make a long hang bar to. The factory hangers work well for a cheep price. Nothing you should not be able to tackel. Tell us where you would like to hang them from I'm sure I could explain better. I could buy an electric winch cheeper than you will be able to buy a complete set up..
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 PM

I'm talking about a self contained unit, with legs and everything. I'm thinking a 2 deer unit would be more practical, with 1 crank on both sides.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

How about something like a childrens swingset design. Just the basic A-frame. You could even build one out of treated lumber. The boat winches made to mount to trailors work great for about $25 each. Two winches and the wood for under $100. Sounds like a great Idea. In the off season you could even hang a swing on it, one of them glider type.