Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!! >

Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!!

Old 12-02-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!!

There was an article printed in our local paper (warren times observer - warren county, pa) in the "letter to the editor" section. This guy had a treestand set up on his property and it was stolen. Well little did the thief know that he had three trail-cams set up veiwing different angles and caught the thief red handed. He said in the article that "I know who you are and if you bring the treestand back within ten days, I won't go to the police, but if you don't bring it back, I will make sure you are prosecuted to the fullest extent". Can you guys/gals imagine the look on the guys face who took the treestand after reading that article............and I'm pretty sure that he read it because everyone reads the local paper due to the fact that we have no other source of "local" news here. I just thought that the article was hilarious!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!!

Should have printed the photos! I strongly believe that the rest of YOUR community deserves to know that this particular individual is a thief in order to watch out for this person and protect their property. A thief is a thief is a thief.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Matt's right, that really would have taught him a lesson to see his own picture in the paper...while he was in the act no less.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the opposite happen, thief stole two of my cams. guess he/they will be back to get the feeder and stands next. there was one camera that they missed but it did not have their pictures on it.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 AM

Let us know if he brings it back. That's funny. Stupid fool.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL ,way to go
Old 12-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

nice un..... He should have used the moron's first name... like, " I have pictures & I know who you are FRANK!" "Now bring my dam stand back!!!"
Old 12-02-2004, 02:06 PM

i am suspicious that the guy is bluffing because he didn't post the pictures in the paper.

it may be just a trick to get his stand back, i hope it works out for him.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

My son's (14 yr) stand was stolen last week. He worked for and bought it with his own money. I left a note on the tree but I'm not to optimistic about getting it back.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM

When I first read the article I thought maybe the guy was bluffing too. Although I can't think from a thief's point of view, I'm not sure I would want to call that bluff.

Quick Reply: Tree Stand stolen - owner prints article !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.