HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   tresspaser (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/81130-tresspaser.html)

little-d 12-01-2004 07:49 PM

tresspaser

i was doing a little scouting/hunting today and guess what i found on the back 40 a brand new climbing treestand,i have not told anyone they could hunt my place and i have private property no tresspassing signs all around my place.I took it down and set it at the bottom of the tree with a note telling the person that they are not welcome and they need to get their stand off my land and stay off or face tresspassing charges.I would have brought it to the house but with all the crazy folks out there i don't need criminals coming up to the house ,but i did set up a camera up about 30 feet away in the brush.After i catch them redhanded i will stick their but if i ever catch them on me again.

MOTOWNHONKEY 12-01-2004 08:31 PM

RE: tresspaser

Oh you do that tough guy, you get them good. Make them pay, Make them pay!!!!

young_gun 12-01-2004 08:59 PM

so are they going to get away with your trail cam? because wont they notice it goin off?

little-d 12-01-2004 09:40 PM

i don't think the person will see or hear it,i tried it out before i left it and i coudn't detect it ,i am a forest ranger and have used this one on a few setups overlooking a few labs and patches and had some very good results.In response to motohonky i am far from being a tuff guy.This person may be a kid so i will give them a chance first them let the law handle it,the last thing i want is to confront someone over tresspassing while they have a firearm.

Firehawk7309 12-01-2004 10:13 PM

Sounds like you did the right thing with the stand. Taking it might lead to more problems down the road. I'm not sure I'd feel right about leaving the trail cam though, but if you believe it will be alright then so be it. The last thing you need is to have to make a rushed decision when there are firearms involved.

WV_Coalminer 12-01-2004 11:23 PM

Sorry Little. I'll pick up my stand tomorrow.:)
If you're a Forest Ranger, aren't YOU the law?

cardeer 12-02-2004 12:36 AM

Some peoples kids. Common around here

deadshot 12-02-2004 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Oh you do that tough guy, you get them good. Make them pay, Make them pay!!!!
can we say childish

thecontractor 12-02-2004 04:17 AM

I think you did the right thing. Besides you never know what people are going to do when they are confronted................just look at that nutcase that shot those hunters!!!! there are some real wackos out there. This actually brings up another good topic on what somebody did when they had a treestand stolen, i'll post it in another topic.

seahonk 12-02-2004 04:42 AM

What MOTOWNHONKEY are you a tresspaser , you cant find your own land to hunt or what ,same to you WV_Coalminer , all he is doing is looking after his land is that not his right ? if i found a tree stand on my land i whould take it and keep it and put my game cam up to see who comes for it , well hiden of course and silent digital cam with no flash , and what MOTOWNHONKEY & WV_Coalminer are you like that hmong guy who murderd 5 people just to hunt somebodys elses land ,you all sound like pochers grow up and get a life , sorry to all that hunt legal , still pissed off about that guy who murderd them fine folks.