Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tresspaser

Old 12-21-2004, 05:16 PM

Default RE: tresspaser

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

. some people just gotta LEARN PROPERTY LINES! its not that hard. could save you the trouble of having to replace confiscated stands. i know i sound like a jackass, but with this kind of stuff,you can't *****foot. gotta cut that problem off at that the roots.

slayer
----------------------------------------------------------------
thats right slayer-looks like you already grew a pair--- and your only a teenager? ah hope for the future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ya gotta nip it- andy -ya gotta nip it in the bud----- nip it - deputy barney fife
the andy griffith show
Old 12-22-2004, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: onebullet

ya gotta nip it- andy -ya gotta nip it in the bud----- nip it - deputy barney fife
the andy griffith show
Thats funny, I love that show
Old 01-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a question for you Mr. Little. Getting hunting permission is almost impossible. I don't even ask. But I'm the type that would split my game in half with the land owner.I don't cuss, shoot off unnecessary rounds, cut fences, shoot at moving brush ,narc on somebody if I seen something illegal or flirt with their family members.I love God .What are some tips you could give me to possibly knock on a strangers door and get hunting permission.You are a land owner so you must be looking for something trust worthy in a person to give them permission.
Thanks for any help,
Chuck
Old 01-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Lack of respect for others property is what has gotten the good hunters in the mess we are in, in regard to others allowing us to hunt on their property. Louisiana has passed a trespassing law that is quite simple. You don't have to put up signs on your property, no fence, no painted lines. If someone is hunting on your property and doesn't have WRITTEN permission from you, then it is criminal trespassing. It puts the burden on the hunter to know where he is, not the owner to try to police his fences and keep the signs up. They also can not sue you if they are injured on your property if they don't have written permission.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tell you what Chuck7, if you don't ask for permission you're never going to get it. There's no harm in knocking on someones door (at a reasonable hour, and preferably a weekend) and asking for permission to hunt. Tell them you would like to scout out the area and see what kind of deer sign there is. Ask what their land boundaries are. Ask if anyone else hunts the land. Make small talk. Getting permission is easy if you go about it the right way.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:39 AM

chuck7 , if someone came to me and asked to hunt and they didn't look like a doper or a hunter that was to young i would show them where to park and which place they could go.Right now i have 5 people that i let hunt my land ,some go after turkey and other hunt small game the others are hog and deer hunters,i have found out it's better to have someone hunting my place while am at work,because some weeks i will be gone for days in some far remote place and the last thing i need is the feeling some scumbag is got a methlab or doing something else thats wrong on my place,and knowing that one of my friends is a wildlife agent and people seeing his truck parked in my fields thats got to be a good thing to help keep out the poachers.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck7, I was in your shoes a couple years ago, hard to find a place to hunt either the farmers hunted there own property, or someone else had already obtained permission. Kinda gets frustrating.. To make a long story short, I went and purchased 80 acres for myself. took out a 15 year loan, payments really suck. but I love to be in the woods.. There ain't-no better felling, than sittin opening morning of deer season watching the sun comeing up on your own piece of land. (I think of it as a good investment. ) I look at it this way, hunting land might look expensive today, but it will cost you alot more latter.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:46 PM

just be carefull i walked into a poacher about 3 or 4 years ago i was about 12 and and i was watchin some deer about 50 yards away they saw me walk in and didnt move and went back eatin and then all the sudden they bolted and i stood there tryin to figure out what happend then in the woods i saw 2 more run by then 1 minute later i saw one last deer run by and then a guy in full camo with a rifle and scope and stupid me i yelled at him and he took of runnin and hid in the woods and then i bolted but since i was 12 no one belived me!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live here in the Kootenai National forest and my kabin is in the middle of 21 acres. You could not actually ask me for permission to hunt without actually tresspassing. I have two stands overlooking the forest on the corners of my property, If I were to find someone in one of them, I would just let them know that they are on my property and my stand and ask them if the've seen anything? I've just never had that problem to worry about. Bobby
Old 01-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate all the words of encouragement. I'm going to give it a try. My son's boss is a real nice police officer who owns a sub shop and some great hog land. I said Andy if you can get me hunting permission bow only , I'll give you100.00. His reply " he's a little ticked off, he gave permission to a guy last week and they shot his pregmant pot-bellied pig"
That kinda crap stinks. I told him to tell him I know the difference between a Feral and a Pot-bellied.We'll see what happens. Thanks to you guys I will venture out on some afternoons and do some asking. I probably outta leave folks alone on Sundays. Maybe Saturdays would be the best. I live in super hog country. I've video taped hogs over 300lbs and got within spitting range to them.
Thanks again,
Chuck