Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 One dead... others already wounded... >

One dead... others already wounded...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

One dead... others already wounded...

Old 12-02-2004, 01:00 PM

Default RE: One dead... others already wounded...

I heard one fellow from where I want to move, (The Okanagan, British Columbia) shot himself dead crawling over a fence. Aparantly, he left his gun loaded, put it up against the fence, and crawled right over it! I think that is called natural selection. Survival of the smartest.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:35 AM

Turkey_fan, I hunt with Jim Carnes, we hunt all over hillsboro pretty much, although I haven't gotten to go with him yet this year. He has been pretty busy with catching poachers, etc.

I hunt a place out there just past new market truck stop. I just went there two days ago with a friend and only saw one deer, a monster 8or 10-- but I can't shoot another buck and my friend couldn't find his gun that day, so he had the opp. to see the buck perfectly broadside at 30 yds., and he never had a gun....
Old 12-03-2004, 09:17 AM

I can't understand it. Why on earth would you shoot if you didn't actually see the deer? These stupid hunter who shoot at sounds or shadows or whatever the hell just to shoot. I suppose they could be making skyline shots but still. Everyone who reads this please be smart and safe in the woods.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:25 AM

I can't understand it. Why on earth would you shoot if you didn't actually see the deer? These stupid hunter who shoot at sounds or shadows or whatever the hell just to shoot. I suppose they could be making skyline shots but still. Everyone who reads this please be smart and safe in the woods.
Hit the nail on the head, but still, people just can't get it through their thick skulls enough to practice safe hunting
Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

How does someone shoot themselves in the hand ??????
Old 12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Now that is just crazy. Some people do not need to be in the woods. That is a scary thought, that many hunters (I use the term loosely) have that many accidents with in one party.[]
Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

oh yes it is in il. on page 36 of the il hunting digest at www.dnr.state.il.us.com
ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Is it legal to use radios to aid in the taking of game in KY? I know it isn't legal here in IL. Most of the Conservation Police here have scanning radios and can listen for guys using radios to "aid in the taking of game".

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-08-2004, 01:48 PM

Well i dont know what to say about all of the acidents that have happend in the woods in all the other states but i havent kept track of PAs acidents and deaths in the woods but come on now just cuz it is hunting season u dont need to act like u dont know what u are doing thats why they have classes on hunting and saftey .Im only 20 years old and it makes me sick i might not be the safest person in the woods but i just really dont know what to think i try to be as safe as i can and do what they told me to do keep the guns in safe directions and so on but then u also got people that use tree stands dont use the saftey straps and they fall out of the tree.Come on people use common sense when u are out in the woods and always treat your gun like its loaded and make sure the saftey is always on no matter what u could always think there is a deer comeing to in the brush and u never know it just might be a nother hunter and if u have your gun pointed at them with the saftey off what are they going to think when they see u pointing it at them .So come on people for the saftey of other hunters show respect and think smart and dont just keep the saftey off and dont point your gun at sounds.You all might think im a smart a$$ and being rude cuz this is comeing from a 20yrd but i care about other hunters out in the woods so lets all be safe and have a great ending to our hunting season.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 PM

Well you cant always rely on those hunter safetey course. I took one last year even though I didn't have to because I was born before the cut-off date and I really learned nothing new. All the hunting safety I know and practice and will pass on to my kids I learned from my dad. The best thing is to get kids out to hunt and teach them the right way.