HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/81029-note-self-never-go-lion-hunting.html)

SeaHunter 12-01-2004 07:30 AM

Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

I think I watched this 3 times before I could blink. I'm also quite sure I'd be asking for toilet paper rather then giving high fives.

click here for a Lion hunting video

northtexashunter 12-01-2004 08:12 AM

RE: Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

I am usually pretty tolerant of things but this is the kind of S*** that gives all hunters a bad name and the Anti's fuel for their campaign. A "hunter" should not be high fiving taking marginal shots at running game and then having all H*** break loose. It is a small miracle that no one was injured or shot during that sequence. If that was me "hunting" the only place that video would be would be in the trash.
NTH

BowHuntingFool 12-01-2004 08:35 AM

Why would people hunt Lions????? I don't think you would eat it would you? Looks like he would eat you though!!! Great video! It looks like they almost shot each other when the lion charged and ran between them, too bad! Yahoos!

buttonbuckmaster 12-01-2004 09:50 AM

Scary, pi$$ poor shots, one guy missed at less than 5 feet it looked like.

zekeskar 12-01-2004 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Why would people hunt Lions????? I don't think you would eat it would you? ...
Yea, this is how I feel about carnivore hunting- just doesn't float my boat to kill something that can't be eaten, just for the trophy. But, big carnivore hunting, like grizzleys, etc. is a long hunting tradition that I will defend but not do (unless to defend life or property, e.g. a nuisance or dangerous animal).

Polish Moments 12-01-2004 01:13 PM

Has got to be one of the best videos I've ever seen! Thanks SeaHunter I'm booking a lion hunt tonight!

rather_be_huntin 12-01-2004 01:25 PM

Jeez some of you guys are wound up a little tight. I think you are either for hunting or against it. How can you say it's right to hunt one animal but not another, you're already part way to becoming an anti yourself. If you say you hunt for meat only, you are a hypocrite if you take anything to the taxidermist, hang a set of antlers on your wall, or even brag to your friends about how big an animal was.

North Texan 12-01-2004 04:09 PM

That's one heck of a video! I would be in the same boat, needing a fresh pair of underwear. I would probably be shooting badly, too, if that darned lion was about to get me. I don't know what caliber they were using, but I would be wanting something with a little more punch.:D

Thanks for the video.

PikeTipper 12-01-2004 05:30 PM

That's about the craziest footage I have ever seen. I think I'll pass on Lion hunting.

JimboHunter1 12-01-2004 06:46 PM

Oh God. It's deja vu all over again (as Yogi Bera would say). This video was posted on this website about a year ago and there were hundreds of opinions flying... I originally had the same thoughts as some of you, but eventually decided that maybe I was being a bit closed-minded and naive.
From what I can remember, the lion was a problem animal and had attacked villiagers and had to be culled.
Lets remember that just because most of us are accustomed to killing deer and other herbivores (with the occasional hog, coyote, fox, crow, mountain lion, etc.) there are thousands of other places in the world where "other" animals need to be controlled in some way or another. Let me reiterate that I don't like what I see in the video, but don't be so quick to judge other hunters or their methods for killing game.