Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting. >

Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

Old 12-04-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

I'm no expert on authenticity by any means but did it sound to anybody else like the cameraman was a lion? I mean the growling sounds like its right on top of you when the lions 100 yards away. Then as the lion charges in a dead spint you hear some regualr growling just like at the beginning and it gets no closer as he closes the distance. It also looks fake as he runs through the brush. JMHO but that video has got to be fake or else edited.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:48 PM

How come I can't view the video????????????????????????????????
Old 12-04-2004, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: wholelottagobble
I'm no expert on authenticity by any means but did it sound to anybody else like the cameraman was a lion?
Ahhhh, in answer to your question ---- no.
My outdoor action movies don't turn out much better, especially if I have to run/jump around --- this wasn't filmed by MGM in Hollywood.

Regarding the growl, I have heard that the sound of a charging lion (cough/growl) will chill you right to your toes, especially if it's you that he's coming for! A whole different league of play IMHO.

There is another lion charge clip where the lion actually takes the PH down --- the charging cough/growl is very pronounced in that one as well even though the camera man is "in the back of the pack."

Sorry, it is "oh just so foreign to 'us' over here" isn't it?

EKM
Old 12-04-2004, 10:19 PM

Well, all I can say is watching that brute come ripping through the brush got my blood flowing. If just watching the video gets my heart rate up, I would love to be out there in the brush. I have seen Ghost in the Darkness, great flick, damn creepy too. I'm really warming up to an African hunt.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:59 PM

Sh*t, after being nearly killed i would be high fiving my buddies too. Thats a situation where open sights would be of great help.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:22 PM

BTT
Old 12-08-2004, 02:46 PM

Wow I would of had quite a mess in my pants if a lion charged me
Old 12-23-2004, 12:02 PM

James Vee , and elk i agree with everthing you guys said about the lion hunt vid.
i was wondering what outfitter you booked your lion hunt with james, it looks interesting
like something i will do in the futcher. as for hunting big game that you wont eat i will quote from the video the post man/with kevin cosner,(if you go get that lion there will be a lion steak in it for you). now i am not saying go to eat the family cat i am just saying that its bigger than deer, you pay to much to hunt it so you might as well eat it to.
i was raised not to wast anything,via starving kids in aisa

Don't spend all your money on beer, women, and shotguns. Save some to spend foolishly.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 PM

Guys I'm not much of a rifle shooter/ballistics man, but will a shot between the eyes not drop a lion? The reason I ask is if that lion had a history of attacking people already I think I'd have put one right between his eyes in the first few frames of that video. Is there a reason they didn't do that?
Old 12-23-2004, 02:26 PM

Default RE: will a shot between the eyes not drop a lion?

yes it will. it'll twich for about 3 to 5 minites after, but dont wory he would be dead before he hit's the ground, its just the nerves. but i guss they wanted to mount it. if you shot any animal in the head with a .458 lott (the gun that you should use)except a elephant or cape bufflo, there wouldent be a head left to mount, not even somthing to take a pic of. but i now where you are coming from. me and my grampa do it to save the meat on whitetail, via no adrenaline to spoil the meat, and its humane. we dont mount them unless they are big.

Don't spend all your money on beer, women, and shotguns. Save some to spend foolishly

Quick Reply: Note to self, NEVER go lion hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.