Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 whats your age and how many deer you killed >

whats your age and how many deer you killed

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

whats your age and how many deer you killed

Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM

Default RE: whats your age and how many deer you killed

I'm 20....and I shot my first deer today! (see http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=842525 for story and pic)
Old 12-02-2004, 10:48 PM

28 years old hunting for about 21 years kill on average 12 per year. Mostly bucks, and most of them with the shotgun ahead of dogs. Don't hesitate on a doe if I got tags. Never could get the antlers soft enough to eat no matter how long I boil em!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM

21 been hunting for 4 years killed 2 does, cant bring myself to kill anything under an 8 pointer so im still waiting on my chance...been hunting yotes and javelina for almost 12 years but i moved to n ga so i started deer hunting.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM

Twenty years old,
Four deer
Old 12-03-2004, 08:13 AM

I am 25, I have 6 bucks and 2 does. And the bucks are all mature deer no spikes (not that there is anything wrong with shooting a spike) They all are 4x4 or 4x5 bucks.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:44 AM

Hey cr, don't worry about the "click" kills, it happens to everybody.

I'm 45, hunting since I was 8 and have killed about 80 deer (just guessing) and probably 300 coyotes in that time.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:33 AM

46. Hunted three years as a teenager in Colorado with no results and one bad experience with some irresponsible hunters and gave it up. Big mistake. Started up again at 42 in Montana when my sons got old enough and am loving every minute of every successful and unsuccessful hunt, as long as they are with me. In fact I got a buck I am proud of this year, but it was much less rewarding because I was alone that day. No-shot days with family or friends are better than target-rich days alone.

I told my sons that when one of us gets one, we all get one. (Better add that it's all done legally - nobody hunts on anyone else's tag). In four years between us we have gotten four muley bucks, one whitetail buck, three buck antelope, three cow elk, one antelope doe and two whitetail does. Elk hunts were two-day outfitter public land horseback hunts. The others were public, private, and block management land on our own. I now spend all year working out access opportunities. It has taken many, many unsuccessful days to get shots, but I'm glad for their early success. I don't think they'll give it up like I did.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:02 PM

31 hunted for 4 yrs 6 deer
Old 12-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I'm 36 I've killed 13 antlered bucks and between 50 and 60 doe's. I've killed 8 of those bucks in the last four seasons. All with the shotgun.
first buck was a small 4 point next was an ugly twisted 5 point then a better 5 point then a small 7 point then an 8 point (first mount) then a wide 5 point then a big 8 (2nd mount) then a good 7 point then another big 8 (3rd mount) then a freaky spike with 12 inch antlers then a small 8 then a big 9 point (4th mount) and an ugly 4 point. Thats the run down of my buck kills! I went 13 years between my first 8 point and that next 5 point!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:43 PM

Im 35 and never counted but Id say 40-50 give or take a few.

Quick Reply: whats your age and how many deer you killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.